Sign in to follow this  
sket

the prawn sandwich brigade have taken over the jarrold completely.

during the match on tuesday i had the luck of sitting in the new stand, i thought great right near the away end, should be some good atmosphere BUT it wasnt to be. only me, my dad, my brother and a man infront of me where making any noise, even on the ball city was a struggle. 
Now before the jarrold was built there used to be a fare bit of noise created from the original south stand which was great as we had the snake pit, braclay and south stand all surrounding the away fans which generally drowned them out unless they were winning.
The new stand is very good but the atmosphere there has died completely, why isit so silent?
Now its common knowledge that it helps the players if the fans are making noise which makes this even more puzzling as its clear to see that these people that make it dead are 1 of 2 things,
1- too old or too young which i can understand completely.
2- just plain lazy.

I was also at the away end of the Jarrold on Tuesday, but as im not a regular (first game in 6 years) i couldnt say if it was louder than previous. I did think it was loud there, i dont know exactly where you were but i was near the top of Area H and there was people shouting all the time.

The comedy bit was when Hucks hit the side netting and we all stood up and cheered only to look like buffoons when Hucks didnt start celebrating.

It was funny though.

Also another thing i noticed was that it takes ages to get out of the Jarrold stand once the game has finished. With its great depth, and the exits near the bottom of the stand, it took me at leadt 10 minutes to get out. We was by far the last stand to clear.

i''ve had a new couple of people sit in front of me in the lower barclay - they were from the Jarrold - the look of horror on their faces when someone dare to shout anything was quite a picture - they left early becasue she had a headache and he couldnt concentrate on the game. Makes me livid - i cant stand people that want to be part of an atmosphere without aiding it in anyway - and i cant stand people that move to a noisy area of the ground and then dont like it and give you dirty look and complain for shouting

Haha! Stick it to ''em fellas!  I''ll bet they were fans when we were playing Arsenal/Man Utd/etc.I sit in the Upper Jarrold (Row I, seat 14 if anyone''s nearby) and tuesday was a blast.  I had 4 rows of people in suits and ties, and me, my dad and the old boy next to us were shouting our heads off (which is unlike my dad, let me tell you)  I''ve decided I couldn''t give a damn about the part-timers thinking I''m a nutcase (last season I couldve been given warmer looks if I was a leper) and I''m showing my support no matter how many tuts and turned-up snouts I have pointed my way! OTBC!

It''s a real shame cause I hoped when the stand opened that we would finally have a ''side'' stand capable of making some noise.  Some friends of mine who sit in the snakepit moved to the Jarrold for a couple of games to get an atmosphere going but got short shrift and moved back to their original seats.

While I wouldn''t say that the Jarrold been totally ''prawn sandwiched'', I think for the rest of my supporting life its gonna be the Barclay or the Snakepit if you want to have a bit of a shout.

[quote user="mattlarge"]The comedy bit was when Hucks hit the side netting and we all stood up

and cheered only to look like buffoons when Hucks didnt start

celebrating.[/quote]Sssshhh, I''d just forgotten all about that! I must have been sitting in front of you as I did exactly the same thing - felt slightly silly afterwards... still, it was a good laugh anyway!

I have to agree, i sit in Jarrold, with my son, and we always sing our hearts out, and there are only a handful of people around us who join in, it is a shame cos it would have been great to have a wall of noise coming from the Jarrold, but obviuosly not to be, also a shame cos last season there was alot of support coming from the new corner infill, but these guys must have moved to barclay or snakepit.