Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

City reveal worst-kept sceret

Something we''ve all known for weeks finally on official site....

CITY CONFIRM GREEN TALKS

CITY today confirmed negotiations regarding a possible transfer of goalkeeper Robert Green to Charlton are taking place.

Newspapers have today reported a possible move for the 26-year-old England international ''keeper by Charlton''s new boss Iain Dowie.

And this afternoon City Chief Executive Neil Doncaster told First News talks were indeed taking place - but stressed suggestions the deal had already been concluded were well wide of the mark

He commented: "We are indeed talking over a possible transfer of Robert Green to Charlton, but those talks are still at an early stage and no deal has yet been agreed.

"When and if there is any further progress to report we will let supporters know."

Green, who progressed through City''s youth system to claim the number one jersey for his own, has made 241 league and cup appearances for the Canaries (including one as a sub).

Thanks for putting it on the board, web team.

Personally I''m happy to see him go, after his antics last season. It will be good for him and us, anyway Gallacher seems to be doing alright!

All we can hope for is a fair price, like £2-3 Mill

we wont get that much for greeno... Keepers in this country dont go for much.. i reckon we will get 1 million.

Good Luck Greeno! thanks for ur great service to the club over the past few seasons and lets hope u go on to have a succesful career and perhaps pick up a few more England caps or even a trophy on the way

jas :)

One of my old high school mates now lives around Greenwich and goes to many of the Charlton games. Anyway I ring him up to see what he knows about the Green transfer. He know about as much as I know but I did tell me a rumour that has been going round down in Charlton for about a week.

Basically Ian Dowie will keep Robert Green''s price low by offering Jason Euell and Nathan Ashton in exchange (with a bit of cash, rumoured to be around £600-£800k). Nathan Ashton isn''t needed now since Charlton have brought Djimi Traore and also Ashton is a left sided defender (Cover for Drury).

I''m unsure about Euell as he has been linked to a fair few clubs but It would be good if Nathan Ashton comes. We need a backup left back and he''s only 19.

[quote] user="Lonnie Lynn (Common)"]Would 1.5  million really be enough for one of our all timegreta goalkeepers? discuss[/quote]

This post is ''a little bit dull zzzzzzzzzzzz''.

[quote user="Rossi"]as i said in an earlier thread the MoS report £6m[/quote]

Gian-Luigi Buffon, the worlds Best and indeed most expensive goalkeeper cost 15 million pounds when Juve signed him.. so is Green worth 6 million? i think not

jas :)