Sign in to follow this  
ca

NCISA

Just wondered what plans NCISA have for this season if any of their committee are reading this.

Will you be showing your support for the management team by sponsoring Livermore for the 8th season?

Are there any fans forums planned?

I was reading on your website the minutes of your last committee meeting in March where you said that you had only got 349 paid up members, just wondered what changes you are going to make to attract a wider and bigger audience?

Thanks

Sorry for bumping this back to the top but have seen the last statement they gave to the papers and just wondered if they intend any meetings with the club to follow this up.

NCISA press release 27/6/06

Norwich City Independent Supporters’ Association is today expressing its concerns about the lack of transfer activity at Carrow Road.

Roy Blower, chairman of NCISA, said: “At a recent association committee meeting, concerns were expressed that we were being left behind by other clubs as the new season approaches.

“The players are already in pre-season training but we are yet to see any additions to the squad – and new signings are clearly needed if we are to improve on last year’s depressing season.

“Holidays and the World Cup don’t seem to have prevented other ‘big’ clubs such as Birmingham or smaller clubs such as Colchester from forays into the transfer market, and the lack of news coming out of Carrow Road is giving many of us cause for concern.”

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Hell hath no fury like...............................[/quote]

................."a man who was a woman but is now a man again scorned"?

........................... ''''a woman who is ignored ''''

There is now a short statement regarding club sponsorship on our web-site.

Many Thanks

[quote user="NCISA"]

There is now a short statement regarding club sponsorship on our web-site.

Many Thanks

[/quote]

Blimey a reply !!

NCISA statement is

In order to continue our support of the football club we will continue to sponsor the role of Assistant Manager.
Our position with regards to the management team remains unchanged from previous statements.

I honestly can''t believe that they are sponsoring Livermore for another year !!!!

how can you continue to sponsor someone you''ve said publicly you want shot of.....far too cosy and an explanation why membership remains below 500, if you were truly ''independant'' many more would join....dont forget the most important question for your next meeting with the board...."is there anymore gravy please?"

Precisely my point too, as for 500 membership I read in the minutes of one of their meetings that they have only 350 paid up members.

What we have to remember though is that we mustn''t tar the NCISA committee all with the same brush.

Kathy has done some great articles and posts which suggest that shes not happy with the way things are at Carrow Road either so maybe shes outnumbered by the likes of Blower and Co..

at first sight i thought the same

but - they are sponsoring the post and not the person.....that''s my take...and i think the wording smacks of that. Bearing in mind the silence that so many other ''supporters groups'' have adopted (can you remember a condemnation release from any other group other than ncisa & worthy out?) i think that you have to accept that despite doing something that you dont agree with, they are not there to support your views as you are not a member.

I''m not aware of the costs involved with sponsoring anyone - but the money is going towards the club - and at this moment in time it appears we need every penny we can get hold of whether it be £1, £1000 or £10000.

IMHO what they are doing is 100% better than capital, northern, shareholders assoc, supporters trust and the other so called groups - all said nothing about last season at all. Thats disgraceful and doesnt say to me ncisa are ''cosying up.''

The other part from their website that i see - and is something negated by CA - is they are trying to get together a forum - something that CA actually wanted. By severing sponsorship ties i guess the chances of that would fanny adams. Traditionally the forum has involved new players, but i doubt very much that one single player will do. Therefore, it has to be recognised that there is every possibility that the board may well be the speakers - especially since the wording of the bit on the site is ''forum''  Agreed the chances of such are pretty slim, and i could be thinking things that are way off, but if Archant keep their current trend growing the board may well feel they need to speak directly. What would happen if they stopped sponsorship and 10 games in dougie got sacked, it would takes years and years to climb the sponsorship ladder again in order to get forums etc.

You see CA there is a temptation to jump in with both feet and bite the hand that could potentially offer you exactly what you want. - I just didnt think you were so short sighted, i had a lot more respect for you than that and you are better than that.

Coming from someone who first handedly saw the willingness for fans to support the protest that you helped with last season I''d thought that you would understand how people say plenty but do very little. To have a go at a group that may not be doing what you want, but at least have the balls to be stand up and be counted, to organise the St Andrews Hall and so on, surely has to be commended and not shot at. If we create at atmosphere where those who stick their heads above the parapit are targetted then all that will happen is what other groups have done - say nothing and hope it goes away. I for one think that is a terrible direction to go. As a member i just think that ncisa deserves the right for people to look at them with a ''half full'' mentality not a ''half empty'' one. The only group that could exist that does exactly what you want would be a group run by yourself with no-one else allowed a viewpoint - in reality thats impossible as you would have a committee of one (you) and 0 members. When you go down the route of allowing others to join aboard, you have to accept their viewpoints too!

As someone who has posted on the board for a while i know that some have issues with Blowers CA, and others do (I think i can remember something from last season that Kathy Blake was posting about.) Maybe this is clouding your judgement.