Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

And then there was ONE!

What are the chances we will be left with Joe Lewis as the only fit keeper at the start of the season? Here is the worst case scenario as I see it. Firstly, it is almost certain that Greeno will be out for several games at the start of the season. Secondly, Gallagher could well be on his way somewhere else, having failed to be given the assurances from Worthy that he is 1st choice keeper. So it may well come to pass that Gallagher has moved on, Greeno is injured and we are left with just young Lewis to pick up the gloves. Otherwise Worthy will have yet another new player to look for, in one of the most important positions on the pitch. In my opinion, it doesn''t bode well having to start a new season with an untried and untested keeper, whether it''s Joe Lewis or somebody Worthy has recently brought in. Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Maybe Worthy should sign a "versatile utility player" who can play in goal - as well as midfield, defence or centre forward.

Thanks for your monosyllabic response, Pete. It must have taken you ages to come up with something as well thought out as that! Special thanks go to all those who managed more than two words. There''s nothing quite like a mass debate, is there?

[quote user="BedsCanary"]

Maybe Worthy should sign a "versatile utility player" who can play in goal - as well as midfield, defence or centre forward.

[/quote]

I here Lucas Radabe is looking for a comback!!!  and he fits Worthy''s young and hungry criteria also (at least from what I have seen of it)

[quote user="stephen nobbs"] There''s nothing quite like a mass debate, is there?[/quote]

A good woman can take care of that problem for u... [:P]

jas :)

[quote user="BedsCanary"]

[/quote]

Phil Jagielka would never join!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="BedsCanary"]

[/quote]

I here Lucas Radabe is looking for a comback!!!  and he fits Worthy''s young and hungry criteria also (at least from what I have seen of it)

[/quote]Hopefully this will make you chuckle CJF - what about old Sutchy?