Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

What does Doug Livermore do?

I''ve no idea either CJF - and I put this precise question to Mr Doncaster (obviously no reply). Sitting as I do near the dug outs in the Thorpe area I can see what he does during matches - absolutely nothing !!

Good to see our man Nige is stating in the Evening News that there are no other planned changes in the coaching team.......and he is going through the shortlist.....fills me with real optimism for the new season.

He used to do what they called ''Football Entertainment'' with 2 blokes called Worthless and Foley, although I have heard tell that it wasn''t entertaining very often.

In their day, they were apparently a great act: [*] The 3 Stooges [*] ... 

People found them [<:o)] [<:o)]  hilarious  [<:o)] [<:o)] mainly because they thought they were being serious....!!! 

Do you know, they actually managed to get 25,000 people laughing recently when QPR scored a goal at Carrer Rud... That took some doing, I can tell you!

Sadly, Livermore was last seen mooching around Colney, wondering when his P45 is going to land on his desk...  Worthless had just given Foley the boot and left Livermore with the distinct feeling that it was only a matter of time before he went too...

Foley''s OK though.  Apparently, he''s gone to join Wilson, Keppell and Betty, now that''s Betty''s left. 

Whether Livermore is alive or dead has baffled the medical profession for years... I suggest that he just goes along with everything Worthy says and picks up a nice cheque for a job that needn''t exist.

Livermore is the " assistant manager "   ,   a mediocre midfield player , and mediocre  coach , is now  a sidekick  to our mediocre manager !   with the two of them  slapping each others backs , and agreeing with everything they say to each other ,  and a team  studded with mediocre players , I think we can look forward  to new heights of mediocrity in the new season !      [|-)]

found this on the canaries.co.uk message board:

Re: Doug Livermore
Jigster wants WO  @  03-MAY-06 08:34 AM

When I met Neil Doncaster he told me that Doug was well connected within football and was the person within the club who identified potential transfers and made recommendations on players to the Board. So we have him to thank for Hughes, Etuhu, Louis-Jean, Robinson, Jarrett, Thorne . . .

Says it all really. Shame because as an ex-Koppite I was thirlled when he came to play for Norwich. Now he''s just the old retainer.
WORTHINGTON, LIVERMORE & FOLEY OUT!
 Re: Doug Livermore
emilsvob  @  03-MAY-06 09:54 AM
While Livermore was with Liverpool & Spurs they both had thier worst run of success says it all really

He is the assistant,  and apparently his job isa too advise Nigel with sinings, tactics etc. He is a link between Nigel and the scouts, as i understand it.