Sign in to follow this  
Honest Joe

I hope we don't follow Ipswich..we need stability.

They''ve sacked their manager but it doesn''t always bring results..I hope we don''t sack ours. We''ve had too many managers over the years and desperatley need to bring stability to the club. I would like to see us all get behind the club and give him our backing. He stopped us going down when he first year he got here and then took us up into the premiership as a bonus. I hope someone agrees? Delia has been a good servant of the club too and has ploughed a lot of her money in, I think we should listen to what she has to say and at the moment she is backing Nigel. I think we should too. Well does it make sense?

Yes we have had many managers over the years and the crrent one is the worst of the bunch by a country mile. Can anybody think of a manager that was hated as much as the Worthless one.

we have a muppet in charge......   whats the betting we end up like blackpool, sacking him in december too late to turn our season around. He should have been sacked last November, then maybe we could have attained the play-offs, as it was we ended up further away then than even at christmas.

Left backs in Central midfield - managerial genius.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Yes we have had many managers over the years and the crrent one is the worst of the bunch by a country mile. Can anybody think of a manager that was hated as much as the Worthless one.[/quote]

Right.. So Hamilton was worse than someone that won a division title. I bet you were chanting "Nigel Worthingtons a football genius" along with the thousands at the city hall parade. Pathetic.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]Yes we have had many managers over the years and the crrent one is the worst of the bunch by a country mile. Can anybody think of a manager that was hated as much as the Worthless one.[/quote]

He''s better than Hamilton, Megson, Rioch, even Brown, in my opinion. And I bet you don''t recall how dour we were under Ron Saunders, either. In fact, for City managers of the past 30 - odd years, I''d put Worthy at about 4th best, behind Walker, Stringer and Bond, in that order.

I recall how dour we were under Saunders BUT we won a lot of games 1-0.  Worthy is certainly not a better manager than Brown, nor Saunders nor Walker nor Stringer and Bond, in fact I''d put him just in front of Hamilton but behind Megson and  Deehan and Rioch and Archie Macauley was better than the lot of them.

Stability is a two way thing - it applies to the playing staff as well as the coach and the players see precious little of that based on the huge volume of player comings and goings during nigels tenure.

Better managers?  In no particular order brown, bond, walker, stringer, o''neill, saunders

Worse?  Megson, Hamilton, Deehan.

I am sure there are more worse than there are better over all and he has had success while here, but that is as much history as Stringers/Walkers successes or Hamiltons failures. 

None of that means that he is the right man for the job now tho.

Everyone hopes that stability will then lead to consistency. But when we''ve been consistently "off colour" for 2 seasons you have to then say maybe a change is for the best. Sure a change of manager could see us continue moving away from where we want to be but, it is also possible that with a new manager bringing in new ideas will take us forwards. Some will obviously still be of the opinion that Worthington will turn it around. Sadly I think he had the whole of last season to turn it around and he never really showed any sign of making that happen. His signings were poor, his tactics were poor, his handling of the media was poor and his treatment of players was poor. I want stability and consistency at this club but success is not going to happen under Worthington in my opinion.

Can you honestly say Hamilton would not have had the same success if he had been given the millions Worthless has??? and dont forget he was Saint Delias idea of a top manager . Unfortunately the person running our club is better with boiling eggs than selecting managers.

Err, yes. I can honestly say that Hamilton would not have had the same success. Due to his being absolutely crap.

And how can you be "one of the worst by a country mile"? Either you are, are you''re not. And he''s not.

He ain''t great though.

Saunders got us promoted with an average squad of players.He trained them hard ,got them fit and very hard to beat.There is not the remotest possibility of Worthington achieving this with 1 .0 wins and any squad of players he may buy or manage.We would be better off with Big Sam Alladyce.We would all be singing at 1.0 wins even if it was not pretty to watch.