Sign in to follow this  
mystic megson

FAO Man in the Stands re. Young Players

Fair play to you for thinking that if Worthy brought in some youngsters the crowd would ease off - "even we are not that mean".  Yeah, right.

As a set of supporters we are utter shite.  That means all of us, including people like me who stay away because they are sickened by the atmosphere.  Stop this collective insanity.  Just stop it, now.     

Hmm - Spillane - recognised as a central player forced out wide and learning a specific discipline in public, Hendo tried and found wanting as a right midfielder for what 50+ time for the club is tried again, and Jarvis who suffered from being given so little service that suits his playing style. 

How about using the yongsters where they know the role?  Anyway the biggest undersacheivers are not the youngsters who were well supported but the manager for the player placement and tactics ad the ''experienced'' pros who simply did not turn up.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Hmm - Spillane - recognised as a central player forced out wide and learning a specific discipline in public, Hendo tried and found wanting as a right midfielder for what 50+ time for the club is tried again, and Jarvis who suffered from being given so little service that suits his playing style. 

How about using the yongsters where they know the role?  Anyway the biggest undersacheivers are not the youngsters who were well supported but the manager for the player placement and tactics ad the ''experienced'' pros who simply did not turn up.

[/quote]Two words spring to mind, "Cop" and "out".

What a joke...  Wayne Rooney looked ineefective on teh left wing forward position for man united - why, cos he was OUT OF POSITION!!!!!

Spillane, played Central Midfield and defense all his short career - RIGHT BACK!!!  even Roy waller was chatting about it pre kick off!!!!

Henderson, a striker - RIGHT WING every time!!!!

Cop Out - rubbish, Etuhu Hughes Francis and Jarret all look poor at right wing.... so we stick a young striker out there. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

What a joke...  Wayne Rooney looked ineefective on teh left wing forward position for man united - why, cos he was OUT OF POSITION!!!!!

Spillane, played Central Midfield and defense all his short career - RIGHT BACK!!!  even Roy waller was chatting about it pre kick off!!!!

Henderson, a striker - RIGHT WING every time!!!!

Cop Out - rubbish, Etuhu Hughes Francis and Jarret all look poor at right wing.... so we stick a young striker out there. 

[/quote]

for every player who has been played out of position and not delivered, there is always one who has adapted and benefited as a player. chris sutton anyone?

and has there ever been a time in henderson''s career when he has warranted a spot up front. the likes of svensson, roberts, mcveigh, earnshaw, johansson, mckenzie, huckerby, crouch and even ryan jarvis have always looked like better options in the time in which henderson has been in the first team picture. it has never made sense to play him up front because in the past 3 or so years we have had very good strikers, although often lacking in other positions. bentley and jonsson never got to play upfront, and they were better players than henderson. arguably, worthington maybe should have bought less strikers in his time here and more right-sided players, but i still don''t think henderson has ever done enough in the few opportunities he has had to suggest he has what it takes to displace the more established strikers.

For pity''s sake address the issue, which is (do I have to spell it out?): Many of the most vociferous protestors have been clamouring for young players to be introduced.  Even if you disagree with the way they have been introduced, does that justify expecting them to perform in the worst ever atmosphere at Carrow Road?  You said you''d give them a chance, and you didn''t.

In fairness, every time I''ve heard anyone from the club talk about Spillane, they say he can play at centre half, centre midfield and right back. So he''s being played in a position that he''s comfortable in. Or do people stop reading Worthington''s quotes two-thirds through?

So the atmosphere should change because Worthy "bungs in" a couple of young uns. In my opion this was a weak attempt by Worthy to apease the fans, as was the signing of Earnie who was the "biggest" name available on the last day of the transfer window. Worthy is clinging on by the skin of his teeth and if I had his contract so would I.

I felt for Spillane and Jarvis who I thought did better than others on the pitch. But if you think that two youngsters on a team sheet that included Huckerby who has said in the EEN that he does not believe our youngsters to be good enough just yet warrents a complete change of atmosphere by the fans then you are sadly mistaken. Spillane and Jarvis were under pressure from other angles than the fans, their boss didn''t help by playing them out of position.

At 2-0 yesterday I thought that we would be looking for a new Manager today and I would have been looking forward to the reinstatement the positive atmosphere at Carrow Road.

Then we papered over the cracks and the last day of the season party is cancelled.

The only way the atmosphere will change at Carrow road is when Worthy and his muckers have gone.

I have watched Michael virtually the whole time he has been with Norwich never seen him play right back, always centre mid and centre half Cave Brown plays right back for youth team and reserves Michael always plays centre half.  So whilst he can obviously do a job there it is not a postion he is used to.  Having said that thought he has done a good job, but it is the same old senario bows to pressure to play him, but cant drop Doc or Shacks as both playing well, Michael hasn''t played centre mid for some time so take the option of full back. imo

i dont think i would risk spillane at centre back just yet as i wouldn''t want him against 6ft monster strikers so early in his career. right-back is more of a low pressure position, and i dont mind that he was played there.

[quote user="no1canary"]i dont think i would risk spillane at centre back just yet as i wouldn''t want him against 6ft monster strikers so early in his career. right-back is more of a low pressure position, and i dont mind that he was played there.[/quote]

Agreed. I certainly wouldnt want to be up against some giant, physical bloke (Furlong?) whilst the crowd are moaning and groaning constantly. Im glad he has got the experience, and in some ways glad he got took off, cant be a good atmosphere to learn first-team football in.

i think spillane has shown us in these two games that playing him at rb was no mistake, as he is clearly not out of his depth there.