Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

O/T John Eustace

Well that went well 😛 

image.png.18f19dfad044a0d5a02c3e94df571f83.png

The chief executive of Birmingham City says John Eustace was sacked as the club's head coach after it "became clear that there was a misalignment with the leadership of the Club".

In an open letter to supporters, Garry Cook said that Eustace had "clear ambitions and goals for the season", but "following a series of meetings over a number of months" it was apparent that the ambitions of the owners and the coach did not match. He said, "when this happens, the best thing to do is to part company".

Eustace was sacked as head coach of the club on Monday after 15 months in charge, and despite the side sitting 6th in Championship.

Eustace's team had just beaten West Bromwich Albion 3-1 at St Andrews in a Midlands derby too.

image.png.7f917eb44eaa23441fd0039d4d684e9e.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Bye bye Blues ... second club in the second city.

2nd to worst that is...

3 hours ago, percy varco said:

Ha Ha. 
Owners a joke

They made a mistake bringing Rooney in, but other than that they are worshiped. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Reading the programme, they do seem to have decent plans (Ruddy is a fan) and openly admit they got the timing of the sacking wrong (no kidding!).  It’ll be interesting to see how they go, my guess is they’ll bounce back pretty strongly.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Reading the programme, they do seem to have decent plans (Ruddy is a fan) and openly admit they got the timing of the sacking wrong (no kidding!).  It’ll be interesting to see how they go, my guess is they’ll bounce back pretty strongly.

They sometimes go into the pubs before the games drinking and singing with the fans. The American footballer often buys drinks for the blue noses. 
Sounds like you were there today ? Has to be said ( until towards the end ) they created an amazing atmosphere. The place would have gone crazy had Hull equalised. Did you notice the 2 false alarms they had ? That was quite funny. Their gallows humour towards the end was actually quite funny as well I thought ‘ Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury were the famous Birmingham City and we are going to Shrewsbury and the ‘ Ryan Reynolds we are coming for you ‘ chants / songs were particularly amusing.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

They sometimes go into the pubs before the games drinking and singing with the fans. The American footballer often buys drinks for the blue noses. 
Sounds like you were there today ? Has to be said ( until towards the end ) they created an amazing atmosphere. The place would have gone crazy had Hull equalised. Did you notice the 2 false alarms they had ? That was quite funny. Their gallows humour towards the end was actually quite funny as well I thought ‘ Shrewsbury, Shrewsbury were the famous Birmingham City and we are going to Shrewsbury and the ‘ Ryan Reynolds we are coming for you ‘ chants / songs were particularly amusing.

I was indeed there - atmosphere was mostly very good, I actually think it a bit of a shame they went as they are a well supported club and did their bit, but nothing went their way  (though could have been a rival next season if we stay down…).  

We couldn’t get phones to update during the game - we couldn’t work out afterwards what it was they thought had gone ‘their’ way, but I think on the “live table” they never moved out of the bottom 3 all day?

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I was indeed there - atmosphere was mostly very good, I actually think it a bit of a shame they went as they are a well supported club and did their bit, but nothing went their way  (though could have been a rival next season if we stay down…).  

We couldn’t get phones to update during the game - we couldn’t work out afterwards what it was they thought had gone ‘their’ way, but I think on the “live table” they never moved out of the bottom 3 all day?

You are right and they could have sold the stadium out a couple of times over. Sometimes there’s a right time to get relegated and you can build with the momentum. I think the idea of Rooney was to attract big name signings in, but it is ironic that the previous owners destroyed them and the new ones made a decision that cost them.

I think what happened towards the end was on the betting apps the Leicester betting went suspended and came up goal. They assumed Leicester had scored, but of course it was Blackburn.

With it becoming certain we would finish fifth and Birmingham being our second team living here, I was almost willing a Hull equaliser. Because of the going down singing though, I feel St Andrews won’t be a welcoming place for Norwich supporters for many a year.

I hope everybody got away safely by the way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

We will see the level of worship next season. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, percy varco said:

We will see the level of worship next season. 

When they came in they replaced owners that had totally destroyed the club. They had stripped the club of its assets and half the ground was condemned and has been closed for most of the last 2 seasons. Their owners were convicted criminals. The new owners came along and have brought in other investors such as Tom Brady. They immediately ( as was seen today ) sorted the stadium out. Their new stadium will be state of the art and owned by the football club, giving extra finance.
Of course like anything in football things can go pear shaped, but for now relegation aside there is plenty of hope.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-66486525

Edited by Well b back