Sign in to follow this  
West One Canary

small town mentality

I love Norwich City Football Club & I love the city.

I can''t help thinking that a lot of the negative, small

minded, stubborn, arm chair critic (''We pay there wages'')comments on this forum spill out into to the club and the city. If I was a young talented player looking for a club, why would I choose Norwich City & the most fickle fans in the land?

Following your team is frustrating by default, but I''ve become more frustrated by other fans. The club will stay small & provincial & so will the city, because of the ''shoot you down''

attitude of the fans & the people. Will we ever change or will we stay quaint?

Looking forward to some playground responses.

most fickle fans west one? I''m not sure that you can really justify this. Most fans in the league - well that is backed by fact

My local team is Northampton - if you were to go to a game there and hear some of the comments you''d think the Norwich fans all had a PHD and were super intelligent!! Seriously though you''re always going to get criticism and small minded talk in football but Norwich really isn''t that bad compared to some.

Northampton are in the automatic promotion places. The last game I went to see they won 5-0 yet the comments flying about were so ignorant it was almost beyond belief!! I think we need to keep perspective!!

[quote user="West One Canary"]I love Norwich City Football Club & I love the city.

I can''t help thinking that a lot of the negative, small

minded, stubborn, arm chair critic (''We pay there wages'')comments on this forum spill out into to the club and the city. If I was a young talented player looking for a club, why would I choose Norwich City & the most fickle fans in the land?

Following your team is frustrating by default, but I''ve become more frustrated by other fans. The club will stay small & provincial & so will the city, because of the ''shoot you down''

attitude of the fans & the people. Will we ever change or will we stay quaint?

Looking forward to some playground responses.[/quote]We all know (apart from you, West One Canary) that City have the largest home support in the Football League. Norwich City get better home attendances than many Premiership clubs of  a similar size. Last season had the fifth largest away support in the country. And judging by the massive season ticket renewals, are also far more loyal.    Remember the Boro fans throwing their season tickets at Mclaren? Or the Sunderland fans irrate at McCarthy? The "We''re not fickle, we just don''t like you" banners at Villa Park aimed at David O''Leary? Newcastle fans fuming at Souness? Portsmouth fans weren''t sad too see Alan Perrin go. Even at the top, Man Utd fans protest against their owners. Some see Fergie as past it as well. Chelsea fans increasingly disenchanted with the disrespectful Mourinho and his team of cheaters.A sizable chunk of West Ham fans wanted Alan Pardew out. Did that make the a certain "young, talented player looking for a club" (Dean Ashton) stop and think, "Hmm, my what fickle fans they have. I''m certainly not going there!" ?West One Canary - I would suggest that you take a good look around, and see the grass isn''t any greener elsewhere.

I agree with your good points Pyro. I''m not being some kind of therapist, but I really think a negative atmosphere filters down into the team and the results.

God am I looking forward to this season being over and big changes made.

It''s a bit rich of West One to talk of small town mentality. The biggest city in the west is Bristol which is far smaller than Norwich.

Worthy out!

"but Bristol has more than twice the population size than Norwich. But two sh** teams"

You''ve got a nerve West, calling us fickle - at leest we support are local side - you can''t not support Bristol just cos there no good.

Worthy out!