Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kent

Sam Ricketts

Seen as we will we probably need a right back in the close season, I would like to put Sam Ricketts forward.

For those of you who don''t know him, he plays at Swansea currently, and is a Wales international(now I know that''s not anything special,but give him credit!)

Have seen him a few times, recently on the Football League Trophy final on sunday. Very impressed by both his defending and his ability to get forward and support the attack. Could see him working well in our team, only under new managment though!!

Just an idea.

He would be ok, assuming they dont get promoted.

However worthy has to decide whether we already have a right back at the club. 

He should use the last 4 games of the season (he will play flem until the mathematical miracle has gone, whichit will be bar anything other than a win on sat) to see whether either Cave-Brown or Jurgen Colin can do anything for us next season and give Flem an early break.  We know all about Flem but worthy needs to know whether either of those two can do a job for us next season;  if colin in particular does not show his worth then he may as well go during the summer; - MLJ will be fit again by then (hopefully!) and either a new signing or flem would make the pair.

We must use these last 4 games to try some of the youngster and shape next years side.

Yeah, i''ve seen him once and he looked fairly solid and quick! Yeah Ricketts will be a good signing!

I think we''ve already seen enough of Jurgen to know he''s not the answer.

I''d rather play a 60 year old Flem !

The jury is out on MLJ but given that he was a straight swap for a demised Holt didn''t bode well.

David Wright looked ok to me.

Yes you need to say more. MLJ has been injured all season and so hasnt shown us what he is capable of.As for them being Worthy signings - lets say goodbye to Huckerby, Docherty, Safri, Drury, McKenzie and Earnshaw then shall we?

[quote user="chicken"]Yes you need to say more. MLJ has been injured all season and so hasnt shown us what he is capable of.

As for them being Worthy signings - lets say goodbye to Huckerby, Docherty, Safri, Drury, McKenzie and Earnshaw then shall we?
[/quote]

For those i''ll swap you Peter Thorne, Matt Jonson, Andy Hughes, Dick Etuhu, Jason Jarrett, Simon Charlton, Carl Robinson(up until sat when i thought he played very well) To a certain extent, the following. Clint Easton, Mark Rivers, Marc Libbra, David Nielsen, Andy Roberts, Trevor Benjamin(oh yeah I went there!) Graham Stuart, need I go on?

so for your 6 good signings (and may I add Dean Ashton to that list, and the early Gary Holt) I can give you 14 bad signings.

The record of a good manager? that''s up for debate. But I can safely say I haven''t been encouraged by Colin, and the 2 games MLJ played, he cost us both equalisers and was about the standard of a pub team player, who was then dropped! What does that say? He didn''t get back into the squad for the brief period he was fit, and has now proved to be a lame duck.

So it that enough said?

Bring back Eddy, now thats a proper right back!

Fleming should amnd i expect will be just a squad player next year, i wouldnt be suprised to see Colin return to holland as he has struggled and i doubt MLJ is reliable enough. So, i wouldnt be suprised if their was a need for another right back in the summer. So sign him up!