Sign in to follow this  
apprentice

YOUNGSTERS CONTRACTS

Whats the view on the professional contracts being given to some of the youngsters?  I have followed the youth and reserve teams for many years and I would like to know anybody elses opinion on the personnel that have been offered contracts.  IMO I feel that Andrew Cave Brown has what it takes to go further in the professional game, Robert Eagle on his day is great he has a sweet left foot.  I unfortunately do not feel that either Matthew Halliday and Andrew Fisk would actually offer anything to the club and I could not see them coping with Championship football in the near future.   I am quite surprised that Adam Gusterson was not offered a contract as he has always looked a solid acomplished defender when I have seen him, and he has two great feet.  What does anyone else think?

I really wouldn''t know considering I don''t follow the youth as much as you but I think all the contract signings were good. Cave-Brown and Eagle should have been given longer contracts but thats life and considering it''s only a year''s contract I think Fisk and Halliday deserve a chance.

If Gusterson is as good as you say he is, then i''m suprise he wasn''t given a contract!

How long is Spillane and Lewis on contracts for?

Cave-brown and eagle both have potential and its could that they have the contacts. Unfortunately Nw will not use them and they will sit there making our squad look bigger. On the other hand, i have been unimpressed when i have seen Fisk and have not heard any rave reviews on Hallidy. Is this just NW,Nd and the board saying "look how many academy graduates have pro contacts" to pretend we are blooding youth.

I played in the same school team as Gusterson and what I saw of him, he was awesome. Think his injuries could have been the reason for his release. Halliday is bloody awful!

Good to see they have contract offer - but at one year (I know there is a 2nd year option) only are they going to get the chance in the first team to show us how good or not they are?  The Jarvis'' etc have been on contracts yet not been given any sort of chance.  Only if these players are given some pitch time is it worth offering contracts.

We haveto see some of them over these las 5 games - at least they will have something to play for.

I used to be friends with Fisk when we were kids, he used to be good then. Seems to be finding the net quite often so can''t be too bad. Great to see the club promoting youngsters. Now just hope we play them before the end of the season. Season''s over so always worth giving them the time to play. Saw a few of our youngsters play at Ipswich a few months back, was impressed with a lot of the team, but then I don''t have much to compare to in other youngsters. But comparing performances to our current team some of them could string more passes together...

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

How long is Spillane and Lewis on contracts for?

[/quote]

Lewis is on a longish contract.

Spillane isnt old enough yet to be offered a pro deal as he is younger than the others. ( only just 17). He will remain a scholar for another year before surely being offered a deal.

Rossi J is 18, cave-brown is, 17-18 in August, lewis is 18. I pressume fisk,eagle  and Halliday are also 17to18.

Come on Zipper there is now way Worthy is going to play the likes of the Rossi Jarvis or Spillane in midfield when he has the outstanding Hughes, Robinson and Etuhu.

Apart from Henderson on the bench last weekend, there was no sign of the talented, creative, fit and enthusiastic youngsters from the academy.