Posted (edited)

Thanks to @JonnyJonnyRowefor the Barcelona quiz yesterday. 

Here's another, since 1970 which City player has scored goals in the highest number of league games in a season? (not the most goals, the most games in which they scored) 

Edit to edit

The answer is Pukki who scored in 23 games (out of 46) in 2018/19. In 85/6 Kevin Drinkell  scored once in 22 separate league games(out of 42)

No @Duncan Edwardsyou didn't win because you named just about everyone who has ever scored for City 😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

Recency bias shouts Pukki, but I’d gently suggest MacDougall, Drinkell, Deehan or Urn Roberts. That’s only my first five guesses though😂

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'd have guessed Pukki 2018/19. More chance of it happening in a 46-game season and I remember Holt plundering a few hat-tricks.

The fact the question is being asked makes me think it's something more obscure though...

Martin Peters.

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The answer is Kevin Drinkell who in 1985 86 scored once in 22 league games. 

In how many games did Pukki score in 2018-19? Must have been close to that. I guess he got a number of doubles.

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

In how many games did Pukki score in 2018-19? Must have been close to that. I guess he got a number of doubles.

Congratulations Robert for spotting the deliberate error🙄 Corrected edited answer in original post

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Congratulations Robert for spotting the deliberate error🙄 Corrected edited answer in original post

Haha, I didn't know, was just wondering. That 85-86 season was my first season as a fan. Loved Drinkell. Fondest memory of him is his late winner against Liverpool the following season. Good times.