Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v 1p5wich Town

I've not seen anyone comment on their wall for the goal. As it turned out their whole goal was exposed and there was no funny business from us to pull anyone out of the way.

I guess they felt that it was so far out that the keeper could cover 80% of their goal. Their wall was as effective as the Siegfried Line, where the Germans just went around the end - like Nunez.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I've not seen anyone comment on their wall for the goal. As it turned out their whole goal was exposed and there was no funny business from us to pull anyone out of the way.

I guess they felt that it was so far out that the keeper could cover 80% of their goal. Their wall was as effective as the Siegfried Line, where the Germans just went around the end - like Nunez.

They started to form a line but it fell apart when they decided nobody would be silly enough to shoot from that distance.😁

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

That was my first thought when I saw them set up for that free kick.They had a two man wall I think and I think Nunez could probable see 80% of the goal

2 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Sorry to be pedantic, it was the Maginot line.

Not a very effective wall at all

Two of their players suddenly decided to switch sides and moved really late to add more cover to their left hand side;  Chaplin just jumped up and turned his back, while Nacho's shot was aimed straight at the keeper before bending and dipping away from him, leaving him chasing thin air. To be fair  I think he got a finger on the ball, but too little to keep it out.

The sort of magic that wins derby game. Long may it continue.

22 hours ago, Addick/Canary said:

Not a very effective wall at all

Two of their players suddenly decided to switch sides and moved really late to add more cover to their left hand side;  Chaplin just jumped up and turned his back, while Nacho's shot was aimed straight at the keeper before bending and dipping away from him, leaving him chasing thin air. To be fair  I think he got a finger on the ball, but too little to keep it out.

The sort of magic that wins derby game. Long may it continue.

Precisely. Their wall was like our current PM: short, ineffective and in the wrong place.

Nunez did ever so well with the bend, but you could only tell that from one camera position - the side views make it look deflected and flukey