cambridgeshire canary

Rowe; In jail if not for Webber?

20 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

This really is utterly indefensible,  anyone saying but but but he's not racist honesty probably should be re-evaluating that opinion now, anybody without any form of prejudice wouldn't have made the comment in the first place. 

I hate the race card being played, it devalues genuine racism, but questions of Webbers character here need to be answered. 

I wouldn't even say the racial profiling was the worst thing.

He named four players sure, but he also said they were likely to be exposed to all sorts of negative experiences if it wasn't for football. But some, if not all, were actually brought up in areas which don't normally see young people being exposed to such things. So he has trounced the reputations of a number of families as well. The lads could have been white, the inference would have been the same. 

Then there is the likely impact on our Category 1 Academy status as well. Should a club that has employed someone with such views be granted such a status? The FA could revoke such a status far quicker than it takes to approve a new owner of a football club. As a "self funding club", losing Cat 1 status would be an absolute ****ing disaster.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I wouldn't even say the racial profiling was the worst thing.

He named four players sure, but he also said they were likely to be exposed to all sorts of negative experiences if it wasn't for football. But some, if not all, were actually brought up in areas which don't normally see young people being exposed to such things. So he has trounced the reputations of a number of families as well. The lads could have been white, the inference would have been the same. 

Then there is the likely impact on our Category 1 Academy status as well. Should a club that has employed someone with such views be granted such a status? The FA could revoke such a status far quicker than it takes to approve a new owner of a football club. As a "self funding club", losing Cat 1 status would be an absolute ****ing disaster.  

I think at this point you are starting to become a little guilty of histrionics and blowing things out of all proportion.

Had their been previous complaints by players, and there are a number of routes to take, or coaches/scouts/club personel about his conduct and opinions expressed within the confines you'd have a different issue on your hands.

I think the FA or whoever might be more interested in Stuart himself and where he is to get his next post.

He no longer works at or for the club. We're 5 months into the reign of another sporting directors role amidst a change in the structure of the ownership.

It's also like folks think the FA don't have people going in and out of clubs. They do, to deliver new training or approaches to coaches regarding football coaching or training on wellbeing for their players etc.

There are various folks who are now trying to play 'find a stick' again. Not saying you are one Shef, but I'd strongly advise not to. It really doesn't look good when trying to take advantage of a situation like this by piggy backing your own agenda's to them.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

There are various folks who are now trying to play 'find a stick' again. Not saying you are one Shef, but I'd strongly advise not to. It really doesn't look good when trying to take advantage of a situation like this by piggy backing your own agenda's to them.

I only want good corporate governance at the club. I'm fairly risk averse when it comes to corporate matters, my role in a previous life taking over.

Anyway, as Attanasio can do what he wants when he takes the club private again, my dream will only come true one day in another universe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S_81 said:

I’m no fan of his, but there’s no doubt that he had some major successes when it came to signing players here. And some of the initial failures are now successes - albeit we needed instant results at that point in time from them. Of course he had a fair few errors on the recruitment front too - but we still made reasonable money back from most. The training/facilities side of things arguably he’s even better at. 

So whilst I don’t like the guy, I can certainly recognise why he has a high opinion of himself professionally. 

My dislike of him, like others who feel the same - is based upon his attitude / ego. He’s a very dislikable individual on that front - who either arrives with or quickly establishes chips on his shoulders. He cannot handle even the mildest criticism. And he allows these grievances to govern his communication output. And he also can’t help but divulge too much of his own internal thought process. Classic narcissistic traits. 

I think his next club would do well to have a structure where he doesn’t come out and front fans / media. Keep him behind the scenes, working closely with an individual / role that is more appropriate / able to do the PR stuff. 

He won't be working anywhere,in any sphere,for a while,rest assured.

I think the most pertinent question is: if this leads to the breakdown of his marriage to Zoe and makes him essentially unemployable, would he be welcomed back to the club and given a free season ticket... Might he then become a snakepit divorcee? 

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

I think the most pertinent question is: if this leads to the breakdown of his marriage to Zoe and makes him essentially unemployable, would he be welcomed back to the club and given a free season ticket... Might he then become a snakepit divorcee? 

And will it pass to his children......

When I was at a club in NW  in the early mid 80's, most of the black lads came from poor areas. But ironically more of my team, white lads went inside. My friends who were black, had strong family beliefs. Their families and cultures were fantastic, they welcomed me. We were friends, family. 

Maybe, Webbers generalisation of the black community is based on his own experience. I must say I have no idea. His disrespect to fans of this club suggests he needs to evaluate his personal opinions.