Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Woeful football journos

I don't know if it's just me or if everyone else has a particular impatience when it comes to football journalism and the fact that they either don't research correctly or just don't care enough to get a full story. 

It's a massive bugbear of mine. Take this latest from talkshítè ( yes I know but still ) about Dean Ashton.... 

I guess his stint here was a mass hallucination? 

Screenshot_20240320-155236~2.png

• Haha 1

Makes you wonder why if not having played for us he decided to live here instead of Crewe or London.

17 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I don't know if it's just me or if everyone else has a particular impatience when it comes to football journalism and the fact that they either don't research correctly or just don't care enough to get a full story. 

It's a massive bugbear of mine. Take this latest from talkshítè ( yes I know but still ) about Dean Ashton.... 

I guess his stint here was a mass hallucination? 

Screenshot_20240320-155236~2.png

To be fair the way it’s written doesn’t necessarily mean he never played for us but a very clear omission 

• Like 2

Judging by the number of presenters/pundits that are ex-ipswich it wouldn't surprise me if there's a few in admin who revel in this kind of behaviour when creating articles.

The ex pros who do second commentary on live TV are just as bad. 

My all time favourite is the idiot Ally McCoist. After 20 minutes of a Scotland game in Warsaw he said "I don't know why there's all this fuss about Lewandowski, he's done absolutely nothing". Just as he said the word 'nothing' the ball hit the back of the Scotland net. 

There was a long silence, presumably because the microphones had been turned off so that McCoist could be taught how to pronounce the name of the man who was then best centre forward in Europe.