Sign in to follow this  
TheGunnShow

Adegboyega making strides...

30 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just beacause I feel like an idiot and don't want to get it wrong how do you pronounce his name? 

I would like to know this too. Is the first G silent?

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Looks like he might be edging ahead of Tompkinson and Hills here - and maybe even Warner. Looks like very good progress on his part.

Emmanuel Adegboyega wins EFL Young Player of the Month - Norwich City (canaries.co.uk)

It certainly sounds like he's playing well but i don't know if he's jumped ahead of the others just yet, the reason he's won the award is because he scored 3 goals. 

8 minutes ago, repman said:

It certainly sounds like he's playing well but i don't know if he's jumped ahead of the others just yet, the reason he's won the award is because he scored 3 goals. 

Not bad from centre-half!

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just beacause I feel like an idiot and don't want to get it wrong how do you pronounce his name? 

Eh-man-you-ell 

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)

This should help. I was stumbling over it until hearing this. Maybe some local variations too (not the norfolk variety 😁. )

Edited by makham

Posted (edited)

As well as goalies coming out of our ears, we now have centre backs a' plenty. Bodes well for the future, though I expect perhaps another season before some are up to the Championship.

It is a testament to the club's investment in Cat 1, and all those involved. From their earliest stage (Cantwell, Murphys, Rowe) to adding finishing touches (Maddison, Godfrey. Lewis), and those stepping up (Fisher, Gibbs).

Congratulations to EA. You don't win awards like this without putting in the hard work, consistently.  Hopefully it won't be too long before we see the lad at CR. Underpins the thought behind bringing in a few 'old stagers' to steady the ship while these lads progress

Edited by RobJames

20 minutes ago, RobJames said:

As well as goalies coming out of our ears, we now have centre backs a' plenty. Bodes well for the future, though I expect perhaps another season before some are up to the Championship.

It is a testament to the club's investment in Cat 1, and all those involved. From their earliest stage (Cantwell, Murphys, Rowe) to adding finishing touches (Maddison, Godfrey. Lewis), and those stepping up (Fisher, Gibbs).

Congratulations to EA. You don't win awards like this without putting in the hard work, consistently.  Hopefully it won't be too long before we see the lad at CR. Underpins the thought behind bringing in a few 'old stagers' to steady the ship while these lads progress

More to this last bit, some experienced heads around when these guys hit the squad are also vital. Anywhere from 27/28 onwards players tend to be in their prime and then dipping out of it at some point in their early 30's for the majority.

I once was told by a grizzled old coach that when you are a young player in mens football you have all of the hunger, speed and blunder but not the experience or the knowledge, by the time you hit thirty, your brain as a footballer hits prime but the key assets youth gives you start to desert you. Ideally you won't both, and the players that do, early on, tend to be the top players. Maddison, for example, was an incredibly mature footballer when he was with us, the way he'd move the ball calmly and twist and turn to look for better options.

I don't think it's a surprise, personally, that we look better going forward with Barnes in the side. He knows the game, he knows how to handle the game and it takes pressure off the younger players like Sargent, but it also teaches them what they need to do. You have to pick those players carefully though. Not all players are leaders in that way. You can see Kenny is the same and has a good impact on Sara and Nunez at least. 

• Like 1