Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

A New Fan from Geoffrey Watling Way

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Not so long ago our shareholder initiative was apparently a world leader. Now the shareholders are the 20% whingers.

Not all fans are shareholders so the above post isn't accurate.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, norwich canary said:

I have to strongly object to this reply . There is only room on this board for one thick fan and that is me 

I am Spartacus! 

On 10/03/2024 at 10:07, essex canary said:

That many of us believe there is something about local identity in following a Football Club and don't always want to fully embrace Globalisation. 

Is there any irony in someone called ESSEX canary talking about following your local football club? 

Go and support Colchester United you spanner

17 hours ago, essex canary said:

If we had a stadium of Barcelona's capacity and their organisation (as per the attached) it could be a good idea.

20240307_151209.jpg

Barcelona is currently in debt to the tune of £1.2bn and is still actively promoting a European Super League to get them out of it. Perhaps try another role model? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Barcelona is currently in debt to the tune of £1.2bn and is still actively promoting a European Super League to get them out of it. Perhaps try another role model? 

Isn't that our model also in relative terms?  £96 million in debt, pretending we are top 17 and chasing fans around the world. That is why we need to get our feet on the ground as per this thread.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've been using this forum for over 10 years now. This is probably the strangest thread I've ever seen. 

Well he's just started another one approvingly quoting Lenin so he's on a roll right now...............

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Not so long ago our shareholder initiative was apparently a world leader. Now the shareholders are the 20% whingers.

Well it's definitely true in your case🤣😅

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've been using this forum for over 10 years now. This is probably the most idiotic thread I've ever seen. 

sorted!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Isn't that our model also in relative terms?  £96 million in debt, pretending we are top 17 and chasing fans around the world. That is why we need to get our feet on the ground as per this thread.

"Putting it politely" you really can't criticise anyone for having a lesser understanding than you when you demonstrate such a lack in understanding of what is in front of you, let alone in the wider community and world.

Football is an international market. Been that way since the TV deals first struck with the arrival of the premier league at least.

There are some incredible examples of how clubs continued wealth, fortune and success has been built on the back of it... Barcelona is just one example.

The billion plus of debt they're in has them in hot water. Is it relative? Well they can't wipe it out with one promotion, so no... it probably isn't. Nor is the vast majority of it to have been paid off in a few months.

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

"Putting it politely" you really can't criticise anyone for having a lesser understanding than you when you demonstrate such a lack in understanding of what is in front of you, let alone in the wider community and world.

Football is an international market. Been that way since the TV deals first struck with the arrival of the premier league at least.

There are some incredible examples of how clubs continued wealth, fortune and success has been built on the back of it... Barcelona is just one example.

The billion plus of debt they're in has them in hot water. Is it relative? Well they can't wipe it out with one promotion, so no... it probably isn't. Nor is the vast majority of it to have been paid off in a few months.

No point engaging with Gollum , he's obsessed. The way he ignores truth and promotes 'his truth' makes me think he's a little unhinged.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

No point engaging with Gollum , he's obsessed. The way he ignores truth and promotes 'his truth' makes me think he's a little unhinged.

As usual sir, you are too kind. "Little" is very polite.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

The truth is that as a multiple of Turnover, Barcelona's debt is not that much higher than ours and clearly if Annual Turnover is less than the brought forward debt at the year start, the latter will not be paid off in that year for either us or them. The so called wealth and success of Football Clubs is built on a foundation of sand being resources they haven't generated or hold.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The truth is that as a multiple of Turnover, Barcelona's debt is not that much higher than ours and clearly if Annual Turnover is less than the brought forward debt at the year start, the latter will not be paid off in that year for either us or them. The so called wealth and success of Football Clubs is built on a foundation of sand being resources they haven't generated or hold.

See, the mans a fackin loony.

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Dont bother ,weird moneycont. 

51 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It's amazing how alike the 2 clubs are, if we'd managed to spend more time in La Liga then we'd be exactly like them.