Sign in to follow this  
unique

“Honestly, it didn’t really matter…..”

Michael Carrick’s answer when speaking about the red card decision……

Why do managers act like complete and utter kuntz in defence of their own inadequate, poor performing teams?

Why lie and why talk ballacks? 

Pathetic.

11 minutes ago, unique said:

Michael Carrick’s answer when speaking about the red card decision……

Why do managers act like complete and utter kuntz in defence of their own inadequate, poor performing teams?

Why lie and why talk ballacks? 

Pathetic.

I read an interview where he said the card changed the game, although he didn't see it, apparently.

From BBC Sport:

Middlesbrough manager Michael Carrick told BBC Radio Tees:

"We didn't start terrifically well and we were a little bit indecisive but I thought we got to grips with the game, and the sending-off made a difference.

"I thought we made the most of [the extra man advantage], because it's not a given because 10 men can be tricky, but I thought the boys approached it really well.

"I didn't see [the incident] so can't give an opinion on it, but there's no denying it was a big moment in the game.

"We were desperate to win the game tonight and get the reward to match the players' commitment."

Speaking about the red card decision after the game, the Middlesbrough boss told the Teeside Gazette:

“I haven’t seen it back, and I haven’t spoken to Jonny either.

“It is what it is. I’ll see it at some point, but I haven’t seen it back yet. Honestly, it didn’t really matter, and the performance didn’t have to be perfect tonight. We just needed to get that feeling back for everyone, and the boys especially. I’m delighted that we managed to do that.”

It would appear Carrick’s opinion depended on his audience…..

• Like 1

I remember Fergie's explanation of Cantona's challenge ( assault ) on Goss, Cantona not carded. " I don't think forwards on the continent are taught to tackle". Fergie - the Ultimate - see you next tuesday. And Fergie's teams who consistently surrounded referees. in my opinion, is why Football wanted referees to have more protection. Only, the dimwits running football, created VAR

2 hours ago, Walcombe canary said:

I remember Fergie's explanation of Cantona's challenge ( assault ) on Goss, Cantona not carded. " I don't think forwards on the continent are taught to tackle". Fergie - the Ultimate - see you next tuesday. And Fergie's teams who consistently surrounded referees. in my opinion, is why Football wanted referees to have more protection. Only, the dimwits running football, created VAR

@Robert N. LiM he went back to 1996 to get it 

15 hours ago, Satriales said:

From BBC Sport:

Middlesbrough manager Michael Carrick told BBC Radio Tees:

"We didn't start terrifically well and we were a little bit indecisive but I thought we got to grips with the game, and the sending-off made a difference.

"I thought we made the most of [the extra man advantage], because it's not a given because 10 men can be tricky, but I thought the boys approached it really well.

"I didn't see [the incident] so can't give an opinion on it, but there's no denying it was a big moment in the game.

"We were desperate to win the game tonight and get the reward to match the players' commitment."

It's amazing how little attention managers pay to the games when there's a contentious decision that goes in their favour...

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

even by your standards that's niche

I’m not sure if you’re on Facebook but there’s a group on there called ‘David Brent quotes’ which use every day situations applied to quotes from the office, its quite funny 

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

I’m not sure if you’re on Facebook but there’s a group on there called ‘David Brent quotes’ which use every day situations applied to quotes from the office, its quite funny 

Those quotes take up almost permanent residence in my head anyway, so I think a FB group is the last thing I need

• Haha 1