Sign in to follow this  
The Canaries Trust

NCFC shares for sale

At that price essex will have more than trebled his money and had a free seat for over 20 years and counting. 😀

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Not worth it, I’d consider purchasing at £5 per share! That’s all the clubs worth with the level of debt against it! 😉

Edited by Indy

All good entertainment. Doubtless it is profitable for the legal firm maintaining the Share Register every time a transfer of 4 shares takes place with a marginal addition to the Club's debt.

6 minutes ago, essex canary said:

All good entertainment. Doubtless it is profitable for the legal firm maintaining the Share Register every time a transfer of 4 shares takes place with a marginal addition to the Club's debt.

Have we an outside legal firm maintaining our share register which i read it is what you are implying ?

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Have we an outside legal firm maintaining our share register which i read it is what you are implying ?

That is my understanding.

Just now, essex canary said:

That is my understanding.

Source  or maybe @GMFcould confirm one way or the other ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Source  or maybe @GMFcould confirm one way or the other ?

The latter for the precise detail. If the Club did it themselves it would make sense to include shareholding on the one log-in system.

40 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The latter for the precise detail. If the Club did it themselves it would make sense to include shareholding on the one log-in system.

As always, it’s not quite as simple as you suggest, if is doing a lot of heavy lifting there…

1 hour ago, GMF said:

As always, it’s not quite as simple as you suggest, if is doing a lot of heavy lifting there…

Have you me Essex ? 😃 

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Have you met Essex ? 😃 

Yes. Do I get a prize? 🏆 

54 minutes ago, GMF said:

Yes. Do I get a prize? 🏆 

No you get our sympathy. 😀

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Is there a reason the Trust haven’t bought them? 

Over priced?

29 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Would be my assumption. So I’ll also pass, I think. 😉

Wise decision. @GMF 's posting history as well as Foulger's now known sale price tells you that.

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Is there a reason the Trust haven’t bought them? 

As interesting as the subsequent replies to your question are, Duncan, the simple answer is that this is an executor sale. The shares were listed because they wanted to “test the market” in order to ensure best value for the estate’s beneficiaries.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Wise decision. @GMF 's posting history as well as Foulger's now known sale price tells you that.

Irrespective of my personal views, as I’ve said before, they’re effectively worth whatever a willing buyer is prepared to offer, and a willing seller is prepared to accept for the shares. In this context, and your own observation highlighted above, do you now accept that your previous criticisms of the Foulger’s share price as being “cheap” were misguided, as you can’t run that argument both ways? 

Edited by GMF
Typo

44 minutes ago, GMF said:

Irrespective of my personal views, as I’ve said before, they’re effectively worth whatever a willing buyer is prepared to offer, and a willing seller is prepared to accept for the shares. In this context, and your own observation highlighted above, do you now accept that your previous criticisms of the Foulger’s share price as being “cheap” were misguided, as you can’t run that argument both ways? 

I was initially of the opinion that Foulger had 'tested the market" to his personal advantage ahead of others. In terms of price we now know he didn't. I am of the opinion that to have put that information in the public domain at the earliest opportunity would have been the Board's most honourable strategy.

It looks like having 4 shares gives far better 'test the market' opportunities than larger holdings and exit opportunities too which, of course, Foulger obtained.

40 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I was initially of the opinion that Foulger had 'tested the market" to his personal advantage ahead of others. In terms of price we now know he didn't. I am of the opinion that to have put that information in the public domain at the earliest opportunity would have been the Board's most honourable strategy.

What on earth is the private sale of a shareholding to an individual the business of the board and any requirement to put it out in the public domain at the earliest opportunity. Are you suggesting the sale of the family company shares of Albert Jones should have been made public also by the board at the earliest opportunity ?

That’s nonsense @essex canary, as any shareholder is free to test the market at any time, yourself included, if you / they so wished. They’re also entitled to do so in confidence, if they so desired, which he did.

The point of disclosure, legally, would be on completion of the sales, and the fact that they were opaque on the precise details for some time thereafter, showed a lack of transparency, and certainly grounds for fair criticism, in my opinion, not that they see it quite that way!

When Attanasio and I float the club on the Nasdaq, with a three-for-one offer for shareholders with current holdings under 10,000, you are all going to think £80 was a snip...😍

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

What on earth is the private sale of a shareholding to an individual the business of the board and any requirement to put it out in the public domain at the earliest opportunity. Are you suggesting the sale of the family company shares of Albert Jones should have been made public also by the board at the earliest opportunity ?

There’s an EFL requirement for all Clubs to publish on their website details of the directors and / or persons that own 10% or more of the Club. NCFC were tardy in this regard, although they suggest otherwise.

That would, of course, only apply at completion, so, you’re right, otherwise there is no such requirement.

I suspect that someone is just beefy because he wasn’t also approached…

• Like 1