Sign in to follow this  
Foxy2600

Six Nations

Well, seriously I think International Rugby Union has been infiltrated by the same morons that hold ‘On Field Officials’ and VAR (TMO) positions in Football…
South African playing for Scotland who dump tackles the England Full Back - yellow - dangerous but not high 

L…….O……..L

Man of the Match 

Then he says “I’ve never scored a hatrick for England before” - absolutely brilliant - couldn’t make it up 

IMG_4300.thumb.png.6c68617ef5f314fd80c1b0283fbad19a.png

• Like 1

Get rid of bonus points. Ireland sitting pretty on 15 points with Scotland behind them on 9pts only having One win less. And to reinforce the point. England on the same wins as Scotland on 8points and 7points behind Ireland.

Edited by KiwiScot

In case you missed it - Italy drew with The French! They had a pen in the final phase of the game to win, but hit the post.

7 hours ago, TheRock said:

In case you missed it - Italy drew with The French! They had a pen in the final phase of the game to win, but hit the post.

Gutting for the flyhalf, the ball fell off the tee, and with the countdown clock for conversions he had to rush it and missed.

Why get rid of bonus points, they have made a huge difference to the final periods of games giving purpose for teams to continue to strive for try’s or points. The biggest problem is the quality of reffing in the six nations, the ref for Ireland Wales gave everything to the Irish  in the first half then did the reverse in the second, hopeless.

On 24/02/2024 at 18:56, Foxy2600 said:

Then he says “I’ve never scored a hatrick for England before” - absolutely brilliant - couldn’t make it up 

I’m glad you said that, I thought I heard the same thing!!!

Of course the fact that the best England player on the field was a Welshman is probably even more galling, from my point of view anyway!

• Like 1

Good couple of games yesterday, let’s hope our boys can send the Froggys home with their tails between their legs today 

Posted (edited)
On 26/02/2024 at 18:41, Nik Vawn said:

Why get rid of bonus points, they have made a huge difference to the final periods of games giving purpose for teams to continue to strive for try’s or points. The biggest problem is the quality of reffing in the six nations, the ref for Ireland Wales gave everything to the Irish  in the first half then did the reverse in the second, hopeless.

I'm really not interested in whether the games are more entertaining or not. More the sporting integrity. In a weird way the situation I was complaining about before could also demotivate a team to try and win.

Let's say the prem had bonus points. More teams trying for them right? How often Man City are going to pick them up rather than Sheffield?

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1

Bonus points are stupid. You can now realistically have a situation where Ireland have won 3 and lost 2, finishing above England who win 4 and lose 1. It makes a mockery of winning individual games, you may as well do away with points for winning/losing and decide the whole championship on points differential 

On 24/02/2024 at 19:56, Foxy2600 said:

Well, seriously I think International Rugby Union has been infiltrated by the same morons that hold ‘On Field Officials’ and VAR (TMO) positions in Football…
South African playing for Scotland who dump tackles the England Full Back - yellow - dangerous but not high 

L…….O……..L

Man of the Match 

That looks like a broken neck waiting to happen.