MC_NCFC

Wagner better than Farke

24 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Absolutely not ignoring them, but I'd also add that he had a whole season of indifferent performance at championship level before it started really coming together, and Wagner has now had a bit over one whole season of championship football for it to appear to be starting to come together, underlining that the club's patience with new managers is wise, and fans who think they know better should think twice before rocking the boat to the point it capsizes like they did with Smith.

I agree us fans need to show more patience at times, which is rather hypocritical of me because I’d have sacked him after the Blackburn game. At that point I just couldn’t see it improving but thankfully I was wrong and the board have been proved right in giving him that extra time to turn it around 

Rowe is not equivalent to Emi. He has a knack of scoring and is a very good player but he’s clearly not as vital to this team as Emi was.

Pretty much everything good went through Emi, much like the Hoolahan years. He was the heartbeat of that team, it’s clear Rowe’s contribution isn’t like that.

I’d far rather see Sargent stay than Rowe given the choice, it’s not even close and that says it all. This team can survive without Rowe, that team couldn’t survive without Emi.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Rowe is not equivalent to Emi. He has a knack of scoring and is a very good player but he’s clearly not as vital to this team as Emi was.

Pretty much everything good went through Emi, much like the Hoolahan years. He was the heartbeat of that team, it’s clear Rowe’s contribution isn’t like that.

I’d far rather see Sargent stay than Rowe given the choice, it’s not even close and that says it all. This team can survive without Rowe, that team couldn’t survive without Emi.

I’m not sure you are getting the point I was trying to make. It wasn’t who was the better player but manager. Emi clearly was better than Rowe and highlights further the debate regarding Wagner being better than Farke. 

11 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

"Wagner is the best since Farke"

Literally only Dean Smith between Farke and Wagner?

A fact that does not undermine the truth of my observation.

44 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

I’m not sure you are getting the point I was trying to make. It wasn’t who was the better player but manager. Emi clearly was better than Rowe and highlights further the debate regarding Wagner being better than Farke. 

No you’re not getting mine and others.

It’s not about who the better player is, it’s about how key they were/are to the team’s ability to play their way.

Emi was almost essential for Farke’s system and we constantly struggled to find an alternative. Rowe is a very good player but not essential to Wagner’s.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

The first title win came from a load of youth players, misfits and freebies. The second was literally the best season at that level in the club's history. He failed in the PL in the covid season but we spent £750k that year! The second season he didn't even get half way through so we'll never know, although with that squad I'm not sure Pep would have kept us up. In any case, the football we saw was without doubt the best I've ever seen. I take your point re. Walker, Stringer, Worthington etc but the game has changed beyond all recognition nowadays so it's not as easy as saying 'Walker finished third in the Premier League so he's the best.' or whatever. In my book Farke is right, right up there in terms of winning things and playing some incredible football along the way.

Wagner we will wait and see, but I like him and hope he does go down as one of our great managers, but you're right, we can't judge him yet.

You are wasting your time. He may Even get a hatrick of consecutive titles is he beats Leicester, surely he must be one of the best championship managers of all time. He must have a big cabinet for all those awards he has. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC_NCFC said:

It really doesn't,  Emi was bought for a few million,  a team was built to provide Pukki , every player had a role to play and every player knew where the other players would be. Farke and his team coached those players to be a team, you could say he totally made Emi and pukki the players they were. The same way he made Cantwell, Aaron's, Godfrey and Lewis. Wagner has miles to go to get anywhere near him. 

• Like 1

Depends on one’s age, for me :

1.Dave Stringer 2. Ken Brown 3. John Bond 4. Daniel Farke 5. Paul Lambert

23 hours ago, MC_NCFC said:

Hear me out.

Emi = Rowe

Sargent = Pukki

Now it was well known that when Emi didn’t play, we didn’t tend to win.

It was also know that Pukki was very rarely injured if ever? If he had 20 games out like Sargent, would we have been more successful than this season?

Could it be Wagner is the best coach we have had in a generation?

Is that why we are streets ahead at the top of the championship?

6 hours ago, Corbs1 said:

Depends on one’s age, for me :

1.Dave Stringer 2. Ken Brown 3. John Bond 4. Daniel Farke 5. Paul Lambert

Not sure how you can possibly not have Mike Walker on that list!