dylanisabaddog

Season tickets over 65?

I will be 64 at the renewal date but 65 before the start of next season. Does anyone know if I qualify for the discount. 

I know I've moaned about senior discounts in the past but I'm not daft. I'm not going to cut off my nose to spite my face and I'll take the discount on offer! 

EDIT 

FOR ANYONE ELSE AFFECTED, I'VE JUST MANAGED TO GET THROUGH TO THE TICKET OFFICE WHO TELL ME THE CUT OFF DATE IS 31 JULY

Edited by dylanisabaddog

I won't swear to it but I think the age qualification runs from the renewal date. You probably need to phone the ticket office for a definitive answer.

You get another discount at 75.😉

I'm  hoping that when I reach 80 they will start paying me to go.👍

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I'm  hoping that when I reach 80 they will start paying me to go.👍

I can feel a petition coming on😊

• Haha 1

Definitely from the start of the following season - when I passed the dreaded date my birthday (which falls in May) was taken into account at the renewal date earlier in the same year.

• Thanks 1

Unless they’ve changed it recently, the relevant date always used to be the 1st September. It was linked to the school year date, presumably for junior concessions.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

FOR ANYONE ELSE AFFECTED, I'VE JUST MANAGED TO GET THROUGH TO THE TICKET OFFICE WHO TELL ME THE CUT OFF DATE IS 31 JULY 

Boooooooooooool

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Interesting I'm pretty sure it used to be 31st August but these things change. Like the time they brought our the season ticket flier on my 60th birthday,changing concessions to over 65 & they'd used my photo on the flier!! Lucky I'd bought 3 years in advance & they had to honour it.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Interesting I'm pretty sure it used to be 31st August but these things change. Like the time they brought our the season ticket flier on my 60th birthday,changing concessions to over 65 & they'd used my photo on the flier!! Lucky I'd bought 3 years in advance & they had to honour it.

Image rights. That's worth a freebie