Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

How many points will get you in the play offs?

2 minutes ago, Rupethebear said:

I think we could end up with 74, will that be enough?

It will be, if 6 other teams don't get more. 

Usually 75 but this season there are 4 teams achieving 2 points a game as opposed to the usual 1 or 2.  That should mean that the teams below them will obtain fewer points. 

For what it's worth I think 72 will be enough which means we need 1.7 points per game. We've achieved more than that in the games Sargent has played. 

Coventry are currently 5/4 to take one of the 2 'remaining' places but have a horrible run in of fixtures compared to us, as do Hull. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Thanks 1

It varies wildly. 78 hasn't been enough in the past, yet 69 has been. 

At this stage, it's just a case of getting as many points as possible without worrying about position in the table. 

When there are five or six games to go, that's when we start to worry about just making sure we're above the line.

• Thanks 1

70 plus can be enough but I would argue you would want to hit 80 as that would almost certainly ensure it

Sort of like relegation as many will say 40 points should be enough to avoid it but there have been a surprisingly large number of championship sides that have been relegated with 40 to 45 points

• Thanks 1

You'd like to think winning 6 out of the remaining 7 home games plus a couple away ought to be enough.

• Like 1