6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The sheer sadness, disappointment and depression to this news shows straight away.. You have to feel for them

Probably more that it wasn’t one of the big boys 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There's always one that ruins a joke

No I get it, just offering some rationale x 

• Haha 1

It's little ITFC football club in little Ipswich Town (where?) Maidstone might even clinch it ... I get the joke.

The most notable things that that peculiar club has ever done since the day Bobby Robson left is to go bankrupt and leave local traders and charities short and build statues. They live in the past. Portman Road is a pigeon's paradise as well as being a happy hunting ground for canaries.

They have spent far less time in the top league than City have since then also, and their PL record of success lasted one season.

They seem to have a good 'un in McKenna, but in this day and age, young promising, advance thinking managers like him are soon snapped up by the big boys.

When they lose him, they will revert to the norm. It's in the water.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's little ITFC football club in little Ipswich Town (where?) Maidstone might even clinch it ... get the joke.

The most notable things that that club has ever done since the day Bobby Robson left is to go bankrupt and leave local traders and charities short and build statues. They live in the past. Portman Road is a pigeon's paradise as well as being a happy hunting ground for canaries.

They have spent far less time in the top league than City have since then also, and their PL record of success lasted one season.

They seem to have a good 'un in McKenna, but in this day and age, young promising, advance thinking managers like him are soon snapped up by the big boys.

When they lose him, they will revert to the norm. It's in the water.

It will be interesting to see how long McKenna lasts at Ipswich. Their saving grace may be that the bigger clubs won't appoint people who don't have experience of working with top players and the others are in danger of relegation on an annual basis so may not be attractive to him. I think he'd only get a big job if he took them up and kept them up but fingers crossed. 

If I owned Manchester United I'd appoint him immediately. 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It will be interesting to see how long McKenna lasts at Ipswich. Their saving grace may be that the bigger clubs won't appoint people who don't have experience of working with top players and the others are in danger of relegation on an annual basis so may not be attractive to him. I think he'd only get a big job if he took them up and kept them up but fingers crossed. 

If I owned Manchester United I'd appoint him immediately. 

yep!

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The sheer sadness, disappointment and depression to this news shows straight away.. You have to feel for them

LOL it is funny, and I liked the honest but tactful comments from their player at the end.

LOL

The reaction from their fans is the same as some of ours on the thought of beating Bristol Rovers!

Yeah but they won the league title in 1632 and lets not forget the FA cup in 1754, oh and the UEFA but they like to call it the European Cup as it sounds that tad better.