Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Why is Wagner still here?

Surely, it’s inevitable that Wagner will go, hopefully sooner, rather than later. Yet, with a clear trend of poor tactics, under performing players, very unhappy fans, he is still here.

Normally, the excuse is that you have to give a manager time. Well, he has had plenty of time and I don’t see any cause for hope in the current trend of utter tosh, so it cannot be time as the reason.

Ultimately, it’s a simple question. Is David Wagner the right coach for us to achieve our long-term ambition? If he is, then he should stay and we should back him 100%. However, I don’t see one single thing that makes me think it will all be okay in the long-term if we stick with Wagner.

So why (the hell) is he still here? <insert angry and confused emoji’s>

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Because it costs no severance or no compensation or no signing on fee to keep him in place. And the longer they go not having to pay that the better. Despite the standard being offered up. 

The alternative is Knapper has someone in mind who can’t/won’t join until the summer. But I think that’s less likely. 

Edited by S_81

I think like most have said knapper knows exactly who he wants, probably has even spoken to that person, but that person has said in the summer due to current responsibilities etc. 

We wont pay up his contract. 
Its the fault of the 20%   
Its not Nice Daves fault. 
We are in a Ownership transition and the Good Ship Norwich has lost its rudder. 

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I think like most have said knapper knows exactly who he wants, probably has even spoken to that person, but that person has said in the summer due to current responsibilities etc. 

Are we all hoping it’s Cuesta? 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Who knows. Maybe 

I wanted him in the summer, my work colleague has a season ticket at the Emirates and he’s very highly thought of there! Not sure we can prise him away! Hope he would give us a go, just the young coach we need without the baggage of failing as a manager! A point to prove…..

• Like 1