dylanisabaddog

European Super League judgement day

9 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

The dream game for tv is a competitive game between Real Madrid and Manchester United.

Man Utd would have to get a lot less sh¡t for them to play a competitive game.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

has asked me to get him a Huddersfield ticket so he can see what it's like. That won't end well. 

Certainly won't for your neighbour.

I think I recall hearing that the Spanish clubs are pretty broke / unsustainable and that's why they push for this.

Agree it would in reality simple be a franchise system.

Edited by Yellow Fever

Just saw this on the news. Sean Dyche seems to think this can be rejected by 'the fans'. I think he meant supporters who go to games. Surely these supporters are in the minority now. The big clubs have a huge fan base from all over the world who never go to games. Surely these fans would prefer seeing Man Utd v Real Madrid rather than Man Utd v Brighton. 

I've watched this developing over the years. Football is fast becoming a TV sport. At the highest level they could probably fill the stadiums a dozen times a year with trippers from the TV audience.

If there's more money in this it will happen eventually.

3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think I recall hearing that the Spanish clubs are pretty broke / unsustainable and that's why they push for this.

Agree it would in reality simple be a franchise system.

4 Spanish clubs take all the money because they are allowed to negotiate there own TV contracts.  the rest survive on the scraps.  its not a problem of a super league as it will make it worse

• Haha 1

Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Spurs have put almost identical posts on their websites confirming they are committed to UEFA. 

Liverpool have just said it wasn't them and blamed everyone else. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Are we in this League or not? 

We could be if all the other clubs say they don't want to be involved. Which looks as where this is heading.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

We could be if all the other clubs say they don't want to be involved. Which looks as where this is heading.

No one has said they don't want to be involved. 4 clubs have made statements saying they wish to continue to participate in domestic and UEFA competitions but they specifically haven't said they don't want to join the A22 competition. 

They had the opportunity to say they're not interested and deliberately didn't take it. That's hardly surprising as they have almost certainly been involved in the court action.