lake district canary

And still they can't beat us.....

I was expecting our long unbeaten run to come to an end today but my prediction was wrong and so our rivals still haven't beaten us since 2009, and that's all that matters

1 hour ago, HazzaJet said:

I was expecting our long unbeaten run to come to an end today but my prediction was wrong and so our rivals still haven't beaten us since 2009, and that's all that matters

It was one of those games you were dreading the thought of being beaten, after such a long dominance over them - and it was such a good feeling afterwards to know that the unbeaten record is still in place.  They'll beat us one day, but not today :classic_smile:

10 hours ago, ricardo said:

Would have spoilt my Xmas if we'd lost.

I'm a bit of a Bah Humbug anyway...

Really spoiled their fans' day. They must have woken up thinking this is the day we beat them and go top of the league.  Imagine what we would feel like in the morning if we were in that position, the anticipation of deep joy and the anguish if it didn't happen....we really spoiled their day. It's a cruel game and it was us or them, as it always is in football.  C'est la vie, they're still in a good position, just needs Leeds to catch them up and take over 2nd from them and us to get into the top six and start pushing towards the top too.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Really spoiled their fans' day. They must have woken up thinking this is the day we beat them and go top of the league.  Imagine what we would feel like in the morning if we were in that position, the anticipation of deep joy and the anguish if it didn't happen....we really spoiled their day. It's a cruel game and it was us or them, as it always is in football.  C'est la vie, they're still in a good position, just needs Leeds to catch them up and take over 2nd from them and us to get into the top six and start pushing towards the top too.

All those pyros, all those flairs. Greeting the team bus prior to the match like it was a world cup game, painting the whole town blue and white, getting all the local kids in to wear kits, getting Edd Sheeran to sing the blues before kickoff while they chanted about how today was the day they win...

And they still did not beat us.

They will spend Christmas day looking down at their turkey with tears still in their eyes as they look back on what they shouted was their one big chance to beat us.. They will spend new years watching fireworks again with tears in their eyes.. And all beacause despite their claims of being the better team and their chants about the tides shifting..

They still did not beat us.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Poor things, always the bridesmaid never the bride. McKenzie took us top with a win there way back. A semi final that they lost to us in 1985, and there was another in the 70s (?).  They even had the chance in the playoff semi, 2015.  An inglorious history, some might say ☺️