Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Last minute winner from our teams perspective...

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think we can put to rest the "Wagners lost the players and dressing room.." theory to bed?

Must admit that was my first thought from watching it. 

I was particularly pleased to see how much a player like Sainz (who would be totally entitled to be a bit miffed this season) looked chuffed to bits with the goal and the result.

Also, seeing it from this angle, the long ball from Kenny for Idah's goal was a lot better than I thought (much more than just a punt upfield).

We can only hope this is not a false dawn but the start of more enjoyable times for Idah, the team, Wagner and us fans.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rock bus said:

Must admit that was my first thought from watching it. 

I was particularly pleased to see how much a player like Sainz (who would be totally entitled to be a bit miffed this season) looked chuffed to bits with the goal and the result.

Also, seeing it from this angle, the long ball from Kenny for Idah's goal was a lot better than I thought (much more than just a punt upfield).

We can only hope this is not a false dawn but the start of more enjoyable times for Idah, the team, Wagner and us fans.

I was thinking exactly the same about Sainz when watching the match on Sunday. Seems like he has a decent attitude. At least the team spirit is strong, that must help surely, things can only get better when Sarge returns and hopefully one or two new signings in January.

In the post match Paddy commented that after the game Wagner spent time talking to Kenny and Bashley as they went down the tunnel. He asked Wagner what was said and the reply was it was private and would stay that way. I guess we can only imagine and I'm sure some of the imaginations will be unkind. 

Siege mentality for me.

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

In the post match Paddy commented that after the game Wagner spent time talking to Kenny and Bashley as they went down the tunnel. He asked Wagner what was said and the reply was it was private and would stay that way. I guess we can only imagine and I'm sure some of the imaginations will be unkind. 

Siege mentality for me.

'Don't ya dare play me at centreback again ya demented frankfurter bawbag'

Really pleased for Idah.

Hopefully it is the turning point for everyone but it's finely balanced fo Wagner. His reaction at the end suggests Knapper may have had a couple of nibbles at him. 

Importantly he seems to have retained the support of the players, although it may be just coincidence I didn’t see Batth joining in with the celebrations but Warner was there even though not a named sub?

We now need to beat Preston... and it's always down to results.

Edit.. just seen picture on front page of Batth joining in celebrations, so credit to him!

Edited by Capt. Pants