norfolkngood

Kieran Dowell looking to leave Rangers

13 hours ago, overthebordercanary said:

Tonight Cantwell has been hooked just after the 35th minute.

A move that was surprised commentators and disappointed fans. However much they try the sad old men on this board haven’t seen Cantwell fail at Rangers in the way they expected or hoped.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

He's absolutely bang average and oddly overrated on here.

He looked good when he had Pukki, Emi, Todd pulling players all over the shop and giving him space. Without them he looked nowhere near as good and often a bit lazy.

This is exactly spot on, in a way Todd was similar and it's one of the reasons he struggled after the exit of Emi. Emi and Pukki were cheat codes at this level, the rest of the squad was pretty average but the threat of those two was enough to create time and space for them to shine. 

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Are there any examples of NCFC players who have returned to the club and performed as well or better than when they left? I'm struggling to think of any.

Flecky?

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Are there any examples of NCFC players who have returned to the club and performed as well or better than when they left? I'm struggling to think of any.

Dion Dublin?

3 hours ago, king canary said:

Dion Dublin?

I did think of him, but wasn't sure he ever made the first team on his first stint with us.

3 hours ago, LaUnionCanary said:

Flecky?

I love Flecky (a fine human being too), but I'm not sure I would rate his second stint anywhere near as good as his first.

• Like 1