Canary Jedi

Unai Emery vs Wagner

Villa under Gerrard. Awful.

Along comes Emery. What a difference.

Surely (Shirley) we all know by now our manager’s style and coaching isn’t working for us. He’s had enough time. Just look at our defensive record. Time to change. 

Can include Spurs also.

Towards the end of last season a friend who supports Spurs came with me to a Norwich home game. Said it was just like watching Spurs - fannying around at the back, defensively soft etc. Now Spurs have changed their manager and suddenly their football is much more fluent and direct but passing at pace not hoofing.

I can’t imagine how this current situation can be allowed to continue. Wagner clearly is not going to turn it around. 

Bad comparison really and not really a like for like comparison for obvious reasons. Yet another Wagner bashing thread. Can we not learn to consolidate into one thread?

• Sad 1

Some of these threads are getting really desperate. Yes he should be gone, of course. But comparing him to Emery. Get a grip 

No point getting rid of Wagner with Webber still influencing things. His last two appointments have been disasters.

We need Webber gone so Knapper can recruit himself. We need an up and coming manager, not has beens like.the last two

• Like 1

The trouble we have is our squad is rubbish, not sure that’s true of either Villa or Spurs despite their poor form under previous managers.

Sorry I didn’t mean to mislead you. I was not comparing Emery to Wagner, God no!

Point Im making is to do with changing the manager when team is underperforming.

Spurs were playing a similar style of passing out to Norwich last season, their fans detested it and results were poor. So they changed their manager, and now look. Much more fluid and dangerous in possession. Same with Villa when they brought in Emery.

Our manager’s footballing style is no longer appropriate but he refuses to change it. So we should change the manager to someone more progressive, simple!