Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Sargent signs until 2028

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

5 year deal. That's a big commitment from the club. Good to see.

Great news and obviously we can get the best possible price in the event of a transfer.

Er - why so??

From memory A Idah is on a five year contract. Are you saying the same about him?

3 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Er - why so??

From memory A Idah is on a five year contract. Are you saying the same about him?

Er - obviously assuming you get less money for a player in the final year of his contract than with one with 4+ years to go.

I'm guessing Sargent will be in greater demand than Idah, not that this thread is about him.

I'm not his biggest fan but I think this is good news because he's improving his game all the time and he's gone from looking like a very bad signing into being a very good asset. Also he's definitely not the kind of player who will relax a bit once he's on a long contract. His attitude is fantastic.

16 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

excellent...should get a decent fee for him now

That really all depends on what the contract says. Is there an exit clause? 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That really all depends on what the contract says. Is there an exit clause? 

Hmm. Got me thinking why now? Don't want to be cynical or negative but I am a bit surprised in some ways that Sarge gets a new contract but Rowe doesn't.

I wonder what triggered this? We really need to get Rowe's sorted, he'll be hot property within a year, if not sooner.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hmm. Got me thinking why now? Don't want to be cynical or negative but I am a bit surprised in some ways that Sarge gets a new contract but Rowe doesn't.

I wonder what triggered this? We really need to get Rowe's sorted, he'll be hot property within a year, if not sooner.

I'd be astonished if Rowe hasn't been offered a new contract. Unfortunately he has an agent so we'd better get used to the fact we're going to lose him for little or nothing.