RobJames

Pay up Pompey....

We have produced some decent strikers in the past and since the days of Sutton (Chris Martin, Craig Bellamy (?) Carlton Morris, Adam Idah) but by and large have not been prolific and have signed most of them since then, often at great expense and disappointment. 

There does seem to be a bigger 'buzz' about this boy than is the usual, and it will be interesting to see how he gets on when at Pompey. Likewise, Tom Dixon Peters on loan at Grimsby whose contract is to 2025 and who was named in one of Smith's first team squads (v. Villa) as early as the December before last.

Edited by BroadstairsR

I remember omotoye was due to be decent, as is/was tdp, but alas... not happened, even idah gets picked over them. 

I guess with strikers, especially young ones, is that they are like lightening anyway pace wise and if they are on a good run for the youth sides then is it worth giving them a punt? 

Having said that, as pointed out , omotoye and tdp have not ripped up any trees. Atleast abu K is starting games at fratton

12 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Who cares about a Norwich player impressing whilst on loan? 

Me.

No. Who cares about Pompey wanting to buy him. 

Given this topic has had five responses in 24hrs, not many.

To be fair, the article gives a good indication of how well he's playing.  I think that's noteworthy and I hope it continues.  We have a recall and may need it if Sargent is delayed and Idah doesn't find form.  This kid sounds promising!