Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Danny Batth

"Reports in the north-east suggested the experienced centre back had not featured in previous club Sunderland’s early league games due to a clause that would trigger a six-figure payment for another league appearance."   Pinkun.

I checked and he had played 49 games.

I expect this is one of the clauses with Omo. Hence the 'easily achievable' comment. Though if Forest are relegated then maybe one payment will not be achieved.  However, it does explain the reason for Batths departure from Sunderland. A player who was voted the Supporters' Player of the Year 2003. We looked to have signed a solid Championship defender, and a committed professional.

His signing underlines our intent.  Get in the experience. Players who know what it takes to get promoted. Whilst at the same time sign younger players who may only be a season away (if that) from the first team.

And it will be interesting to see who is first choice when Hanley is back to compete with Duffy, Gibson and Batth. If nothing else they are the basis for "an Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walked into a pub ........"

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RobJames said:

"Reports in the north-east suggested the experienced centre back had not featured in previous club Sunderland’s early league games due to a clause that would trigger a six-figure payment for another league appearance."   Pinkun.

I checked and he had played 49 games.

I expect this is one of the clauses with Omo. Hence the 'easily achievable' comment. Though if Forest are relegated then maybe one payment will not be achieved.  However, it does explain the reason for Batths departure from Sunderland. A player who was voted the Supporters' Player of the Year 2003. We looked to have signed a solid Championship defender, and a committed professional.

His signing underlines our intent.  Get in the experience. Players who know what it takes to get promoted. Whilst at the same time sign younger players who may only be a season away (if that) from the first team.

And it will be interesting to see who is first choice when Hanley is back to compete with Duffy, Gibson and Batth. If nothing else they are the basis for "an Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walked into a pub ........"

If you must know Daniel Tanveer Batth is half Indian and is an Indian Sikh Punjabi on his fathers side

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing I did not say it was a first then 😉

Yeah, but you start a lot of threads! 

or something, IDK…

IMG_5502.gif.fad9d14eccf7d4c9f229dc07a94dcdf4.gif

• Haha 1

I'm not concerned by his age. I think we have an outdated view of footballers age, from a time when sports science wasn't great and the type of tackling meant 33 year olds were fat, broken and slow. There is no reason we can't get two good seasons from him, which is ample for one of the three highly rated CB's to step up to the first team. I think they will learn a lot from him, if the comments about professionalism and character are accurate.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If you must know Daniel Tanveer Batth is half Indian and is an Indian Sikh Punjabi on his fathers side

Well I never. Fancy Wikipedia and a couple of other sources not mentioning that. How strange. Actually they did, and I was referring to both him and Gibson but denounce me if it lightens up what must be a fairly tedious existence. I was actually checking to see how you pronounced his surname in response to Tillys question. And the thought occurred perhaps a little bit of levity might help after the result on Saturday. For those of us who are genuine City supporters, that it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Well I never. Fancy Wikipedia and a couple of other sources not mentioning that. How strange. Actually they did, and I was referring to both him and Gibson but denounce me if it lightens up what must be a fairly tedious existence. I was actually checking to see how you pronounced his surname in response to Tillys question. And the thought occurred perhaps a little bit of levity might help after the result on Saturday. For those of us who are genuine City supporters, that it.

You're boring.

So, if Batth has moved to Norwich because he wants to be playing football week in and week out, who is he replacing in the first team?