NeymarSmith

We need a new st. Who can get 20 this season

The important thing is we are creating chances. Getting the ball into the box, not fannying around until the opposition are all back.

As long as we can keep that up then we will get the goals, no matter from which player. The point therefore will not be who happens to be in the right place, but what is their contribution elsewhere. Of the two games I have watched there doesn't seem to be anyone not pulling their weight.

Four against S'oton showed we can score. Of the four against, two were not from open play but dubious decisions that on another day would not have been given. And it could have been five were the same principle to apply to our disallowed goal.

Next three games we need to win if we are to be in the top six come May.

• Like 1

I do wonder just how many 20 goal a season strikers there are in the Championship this season. Southampton probably have two (for now) in Armstrong and Adams. Both of them may well be off back to the Premier League. Do Leicester have one? Leeds? Not sure Vardy and Bamford are going to get 20 goals, although I might very well be wrong. Ihenacho and Daka should be prolific at this level but they seem really low on confidence. 

Beyond those relegated; I like the look of what little I've seen of Haji Wright at Coventry. Darryl Dike is a good player, but plagued with injury. Otherwise I'm struggling a little bit.

This might just be a season we see clubs do well where the goals are spread around a bit more. 

We've got an international striker who will score 20+ goals, settled at the club and is only 23 years old. We need to prioritise offering him a new contract or risk losing him at the end of the season. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

Birmingham New St.?

Funnily enough I’m there in the morning 

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I do wonder just how many 20 goal a season strikers there are in the Championship this season. Southampton probably have two (for now) in Armstrong and Adams. Both of them may well be off back to the Premier League. Do Leicester have one? Leeds? Not sure Vardy and Bamford are going to get 20 goals, although I might very well be wrong. Ihenacho and Daka should be prolific at this level but they seem really low on confidence. 

Beyond those relegated; I like the look of what little I've seen of Haji Wright at Coventry. Darryl Dike is a good player, but plagued with injury. Otherwise I'm struggling a little bit.

This might just be a season we see clubs do well where the goals are spread around a bit more. 

If Soton get two soft penalties a week, Armstrong could be the new Dixie Dean.