Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why no press interview Delia?.

I understand from the Pinkun, that the Smiths refused to do a press interview, or accept questions from the press on their recent statement either.

Why?.

I''ll tell you why.

They would have struggled with the well thought out and difficult questions aimed at them.

Cowards!.

Wiz said:  I understand from the Pinkun that the Smiths refused to do a press interview, or accept questions from the press on their recent statement either.  Why?.

IMO, it''s because they didn''t write the press statement themselves, although they will have signed off on it.... 

It''s been crystal clear for some days now that they have got a PR firm advising them on how to deal with their little local difficulty (more wasted money...) It goes like this: 

1. Roll out Mr Nasty (Barmy Kipper) and try and create a distraction - just like Tony B Liar does with Fatty Prescott when things get tuff, and like Maggie MilkSnatcher did with Skinhead Norman Tebbitt...  Unfortunately, that back-fired spectacularly, so call on Plan B:

2. Postpone the NCISA meeting.  Couple that with

3. Issuing what they hope is a placating statement (but no awkward questions, please...!)

4. ''Do another Tony B Liar'' and let it be known that they now wish to "draw a line under this most unfortunate episode" and encourage everyone to get behind the Club (which we are anyway; it''s just the manager we want to see the back of...)

5. hope to goodness that the boys ''get a result'' on Saturday. (They''ll get that, all right.  Leeds looked awesome last Saturday). 

It will be interesting to see what step 6 will be, following next Saturday''s stuffing, but we know it won''t be what we want, because we don''t have the Club''s long-term interests at heart, do we?  And we can only think one-dimensionally, can''t we - unlike Kipper and Co...

[8o|]   Give me strength!!!   [8o|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I understand from the Pinkun, that the Smiths refused to do a press interview, or accept questions from the press on their recent statement either.

Why?.

I''ll tell you why.

They would have struggled with the well thought out and difficult questions aimed at them.

Cowards!.

[/quote] Do you know, I could have sworn I saw tham talking with TV reporters. This of course meant that any questions they were asked had to be answered in front of the camera for all to see. So how were they cowerds Wiz? they were in front of the camera so that what they said could not be miss-reported or taken out of context or misconstrued .

Simple city r us, on TV they were there just to read out a statement and answer prepared in advance questions.

An interview with the print media is something altogether different I understand.

Very difficult and searching questions get asked on the spot. ie Wigan''s success!

And with the expectation that whatever they said would be scruitanised, dissected and taken out of context who would blame anyone in their position for giving a media interview in a planned and controlled fashion.

That is a very interesting way to look at it Whiz, very interesting

your spot on thou

C''mon.... lets be having ya!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]And with the expectation that whatever they said would be scruitanised, dissected and taken out of context who would blame anyone in their position for giving a media interview in a planned and controlled fashion.[/quote]

It goes with the territory Ru, I hate to use this phrase, but of course I will.

''If you can''t stand the heat, get out of the bloody kitchen''!.  [;)]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]And with the expectation that whatever they said would be scruitanised, dissected and taken out of context who would blame anyone in their position for giving a media interview in a planned and controlled fashion.[/quote]

Exactly !    yet , even their  planned and controlled  statement   has already been  scrutinised , dissected  ,  and taken out of context !    I sometimes wonder if   all the   Delia bashers   are  just    being a tad hypocritical ?    like ... its actually about the fact she`s got millions  , and they havent  !  [6]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why?.

I''ll tell you why.

Cowards!.

[/quote]

Your hatred for two good people who love Norwich City is shameful, you are a bitter bitter man Wiz and I quite honestly cringe reading your posts. You rant on about personal attacks on these boards but are quite quick to personally attack Delia and Michael, even you must be able to see the duplicity of this??

I bet you''re one of these people that goes to a game and does nothing but moan for 90 minutes.

Everyone here on this board is entitled to their opinions, but at least practise what you preach and be consistant in your rants, I seem to remember you calling for Worthy to stay at the end of December?

If people think Delia and Mickey W had written that prepared statement, they also probably believe that ''Wayne Looney'' will personally pen every book he is to write over the next 10 years.

I respect the major-shareholder''s for nailing their colours to the mast, but they didn''t tell me anything new or unexpected, and I personally think that they''re naive concerning the ''true reasons'' to why the ''minority'' are disgruntled.

Churning out the predictable soundbytes, limited resources etc, etc........24,000+ bums on seats every home game!? They need to read Richard Balls comments in today''s EDP, never a truer word written! Unlike "Riddle me Ree" Rick Waghorn''s ramblings.....

I see it the same way as the Government pushes the: "If you don''t support the situation out in Iraq, you''re not supporting the British Forces Personnel serving out there!" Spin and twisting, distorting truth and the real reasons! Call it what you will! My eye''s are my witness to me, and what my eye''s have witnessed over the last 18+ months, tells me that we are going nowhere at this moment in time! But, you musn''t rock the ''Good Ship Carrow Road'' or you will be classed as a mutineer! ;~(

agreed mello re your point on rocking the boat.  my loyalty is to NCFC.  players, managers and directors come and go.  mostly, i choose to support the board, manager & players, but if i feel they are undermining the success or survivial of NCFC i reserve to right to withdraw my support to them.   this may make me disloyal to them, but in my view never to NCFC.  my view is that worthy has taken us as far as he can go, delia chooses to disagree. she could be right - time will tell. however, if her opinion and loyalty to nigel eventually places the club into turmoil, then this cannot be in the best interest of NCFC however you look at it.