Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Sheff Wed Ticket Prices for 23/24 (Up to £59/Seat)

jhb9s2zmgjab1.jpg

Anyone else see this floating around? 

£59 for Cat A home tickets in their South Stand.  I wonder what they'll charge our travelling supporters, and if we'd be classed as cat A or it's limited to Leeds, Leicester etc.

Either way, that's quite some price considering many people are trying to watch their spending.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/tickets/owls-membersh

Season Ticket 2023/2024
Available at the following prices
Adult ‪£‬565.00 ‪£‬795.00
Under 25 ‪£‬430.00 ‪£‬620.00
Over 65 ‪£‬320.00 ‪£‬445.00
Under 21 ‪£‬320.00 ‪£‬445.00
Armed Forces ‪£‬320.00 ‪£‬445.00
Student ‪£‬320.00 ‪£‬445.00
Under 17 ‪£‬110.00 ‪£‬220.00
Under 11 ‪£‬70.00 ‪£‬140.00
Carer ‪£‬0.00 ‪£‬0.00
Disabled ‪£‬320.00 ‪£‬445.00

I wonder what a certain poster makes of all this bearing in mind the prices rise nearer the start of the season ?
Edited by TIL 1010

Perhaps NCFC will confirm that they have taken our crown as the most expensive? Their accounts are far from clear in that they haven't specifically reported Broadcasting Income. Overall Turnover is low compared to ours in the non-parachute 2019 environment. Gate money per head  could still be up there with ours in the recent past and likely to surpass it if, as seems to be the case, they are likely to exploit their upward curve. 

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wonder what a certain poster makes of all this bearing in mind the prices rise nearer the start of the season ?

He doesn't disappoint! I was going to post similar Tilly, but thought he needed no encouragement.   

12 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps NCFC will confirm that they have taken our crown as the most expensive? Their accounts are far from clear in that they haven't specifically reported Broadcasting Income. Overall Turnover is low compared to ours in the non-parachute 2019 environment. Gate money per head  could still be up there with ours in the recent past and likely to surpass it if, as seems to be the case, they are likely to exploit their upward curve. 

No away memberships though, 

Members get "Away game ticket priority after Season Ticket holders but before general sale"

Edited by Greavsy

31 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Why would Norwich City confirm, i presume by way of an official statement that Sheffield Wednesday are the most expensive in the Championship ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why would Norwich City confirm, i presume by way of an official statement that Sheffield Wednesday are the most expensive in the Championship ?

We will probably retain our title anyway. Whilst Wednesday's casual prices are high, there is nothing to match our Lounge Season Ticket Prices and their range of Season Ticket concessions is clearly wider than ours.

30 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

He doesn't disappoint! I was going to post similar Tilly, but thought he needed no encouragement.   

No away memberships though, 

Members get "Away game ticket priority after Season Ticket holders but before general sale"

Very sensible.

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

We will probably retain our title anyway. Whilst Wednesday's casual prices are high, there is nothing to match our Lounge Season Ticket Prices and their range of Season Ticket concessions is clearly wider than ours.

As i pointed out those prices are not their final deadline day prices. The prices above increased to what they describe as ' the next phase ' on 26th June.

I am sure you will pass comment also on the £50 membership.Good dicounts i will admit but £50 upfront is a tad steep don't you think ?

Edited by TIL 1010

Those casual ticket prices for the Owls have got the Wendies well and truly up in arms There go their chances of sell outs, not that the chairman gives a ****!

45 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

There go their chances of sell outs, not that the chairman gives a ****!

It's crazy when you think it's one of their strengths with the size of stadium, and it would be far better to fill it than rinse home supporters.  Do they close areas off and sell it to advertising instead, perhaps?

Also there was talk a number of years ago of them pushing for world cup matches and increasing capacity, I guess all of that is on the back burner now(?).

Edited by Google Bot

15 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's crazy when you think it's one of their strengths with the size of stadium, and it would be far better to fill it than rinse home supporters.  Do they close areas off and sell it to advertising instead, perhaps?

Also there was talk a number of years ago of them pushing for world cup matches and increasing capacity, I guess all of that is on the back burner now(?).

I've always hated Hillsborough, probably because of the predominance of blue (which I strangely have an aversion to), as it makes it soulless when the stadium is half full and that depressing colour dominates.

The owner is a bit mad tbf, any advertising at the ground is for his own "companies" (in inverted commas because they tend to be corporate shells rather than real operating ones). He seems to be more interested in building his own cult than improving the team. 

In reality, after '89, the club should either have rebuilt the whole ground or relocated. With climate change it is susceptible to flooding which means the pitch is very difficult to maintain. The Kop and its facilities is a joke of a stand, only diehards who have tanked up elsewhere sit there, so it can only ever generate ticket revenue. The chairman is taking that knowledge to the extreme it seems.

• Thanks 1

Bramall Lane & Hillsborough are really outdated, I’m all for old school grounds, but certainly in the away ends at these two grounds they don’t keep up with the maintenance.