Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Max Johnston

Well if the Pink Un article is to be believed then that is us out of any competition for him unless we can offer what he is after and that is first team football - off course it could all be hyped up to conjure interest but if true Premier League and European clubs does not really give us a start in the race 

The only way I see that that would be different is that if he plays well then he keeps his place, the article does say that he realises that he may not start but wants to keep his place if he earns it which I don't have a problem with. 

With that being said I'm sure other teams have rolled out the red carpet for the highly rated free transfer.

I get the feeling he's going to be the latest youngster to fancy his chances abroad where he's more likely to go straight into the first team.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I get the feeling he's going to be the latest youngster to fancy his chances abroad where he's more likely to go straight into the first team.

Seems likely - pretty sure I read something a few weeks back saying that he’d said he fancies a stint abroad. Norwich is very different to Motherwell, but doesn’t quite fit that!  It does also seem likely that we got Tracey in instead.

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnight said:

With Sturm Gratz, Torino and Sporting Lisbon, it was always going to be tough.

His Dad (Alan) used to play in France, so he might be encouraging his son to broaden his horizon by playing abroad.

It's definitely Graz. 😉

(Sorry, that's not getting past the forum Germanophile even if Graz is in Austria).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Ah. Damn! You've spotted my typo and geography weak points! 😉

Heh, one of my old bosses (who's actually just PMed me today on Facebook Messenger, ironically), lived there for a bit. He was a huge Austrophile and when we were all speaking German amongst ourselves in the office he'd always quip he was Styrian (Styria is an Austrian state, Graz is the capital).

• Like 1

With Mumba and Stacey already here, I can’t see us signing Johnston if he wants regular first team football. At his age, if we did sign him I reckon we’d only send him out on loan next season