lake district canary

Webber's appeal to the fans

Mr Webber would like us to meet him halfway? As a Supporter I would like Mr Webber to meet my expectations halfway, by which I mean at least provide some entertainment and not the dross we saw in the last 11-12 games of the season. That would be a start and perhaps win a game or two? Too much to expect?

3 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Mr Webber would like us to meet him halfway? As a Supporter I would like Mr Webber to meet my expectations halfway, by which I mean at least provide some entertainment and not the dross we saw in the last 11-12 games of the season. That would be a start and perhaps win a game or two? Too much to expect?

No, that's exactly what he said he meant by halfway. 

18 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Carrow Road in the olden days used to be a cauldron. An elderly Spurs fan I know often speaks of the way he saw his side visibly intimidated (59?) by that incessant roar of that song, stating that they didn't stand a chance.  Apparently it rang out on the terraces of While Hart Lane in the replay with the same effect.

Can't speak about 1959, but I went to my first game in 1985, shortly after the Milk Cup win. I still have the programme. In his programme notes Ken Brown (the manager then, kids), bemoans how quiet it is at Carrow Road and urges the fans to get behind the team, who, after all, won a trophy just a few weeks before.

No! That’s exactly what I mean by halfway. As Webber says this starts on the pitch, it is difficult to show enthusiasm for a team that produces no entertainment , no goals and no commitment.

We start next season at 0-0 with 0 pts, the same as everybody else.

No point going if you're going to just sit there moaning because Idah has a 5 year contract (I hear this drivel constantly from a ** sitting nearby).

I get the results thing to a point, but the support needs to start immediately, not until we have a 10 match unbeaten run.

I'm not a huge Webber fan but I can't see what's wrong with his statement quite honestly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

It's kinda what you have to do in that role in regards to staff though isn't it.

There's a fine balance between raising moral and blowing smoke up your own **** though - I think we had a lot of smoke filled hinds last season and never looked hungry enough as a result.

Wagner seems the sort to seek a positive spin on everything too.  Hopefully this is when players like Barnes are the realists in the dressing room after a lack lustre first half.

It's so hard to know what goes on behind closed doors vs what is said in front of a camera though.

You’re missing the point though, that is that the expectations are exceeding the reality.    He said again last week that they will be pursuing promotion but this team isn’t capable of that. 

If by chance they did get promotion, this team will definitely not be capable of stepping up to be competitive in the Premier League within the next 12 months.    He would be much better off, acknowledging the current state of the squad, being honest, and transparent with the fans, and setting in motion, a proper transition, giving the manager enough time to correct the current regression. Instead, by pursuing promotion With an inadequate team, it will hold back options for development of players, put them all under more pressure and we will do exactly what we did this season, which is fail.

With an inadequate team, it will hold back options for development of players, put them all under more pressure and we will do exactly what we did this season, which is fail.

What more evidence do fans need?

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

He said again last week that they will be pursuing promotion but this team isn’t capable of that. 

Pursuing is descriptive of the path your following, not where you are currently.  If a police car was pursuing you they wouldn't already have you arrested would they?

We're pursuing promotion, which means we're developing a team to be as capable of that as possible.  Sitting here before the window has opened exclaiming that "We're not capable!" is incredibly premature.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Pursuing is descriptive of the path your following, not where you are currently.  If a police car was pursuing you they wouldn't already have you arrested would they?

We're pursuing promotion, which means we're developing a team to be as capable of that as possible.  Sitting here before the window has opened exclaiming that "We're not capable!" is incredibly premature.

The money we have, the squad quality and experience…. The recent recruitment…. It’s not premature….. time will tell…. I was right with this last year, it will happen again!   

44 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I was right with this last year, it will happen again!   

That's fantastic, if getting things right is what matters to you. 

I'll be backing the club and have belief in the coach and recruitment staff to make us stronger for next season.  I Really don't care for being 'right', as some evidentially do.  Can't see the point in having a personal interest in us failing.

• Like 1