Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

A Wordle Warning SPOILER ALERT

Today's solution is a very silly word I've never heard before. It ends with a U

If any of you enjoy Wordle it's worth giving Quordle a go. On the Quordle page you'll also find a game called Blossom which is excellent. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Very much an Americanism, and I'd query whether it's actually a 'word' 

Wordle 659 6/6

🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I resorted to Google for the first time ever. I'd spent 30 minutes on the last line and had come to the conclusion there wasn't a word to fit. 

They seem to do it every 6 months just to make Twitter explode. 

One day the answer will be 'fuzzy' 😱

Which WORDLE is this? Is it the NYT one, which I haven't done today yet. I am guessing that this word ending in U started out as a military term?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Which WORDLE is this? Is it the NYT one, which I haven't done today yet. I am guessing that this word ending in U started out as a military term?

Yes it is the NYT one. According to Google the answer is an informal American word but it's not military,or not according to the website I just looked at. 

It's been an annoying day so far. A 6 at Wordle and all the shops are shut. Jesus dying at Easter was a real nuisance. 

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Yes it is the NYT one. According to Google the answer is an informal American word but it's not military,or not according to the website I just looked at. 

It's been an annoying day so far. A 6 at Wordle and all the shops are shut. Jesus dying at Easter was a real nuisance. 

Thanks. I have done it now and pretended not to know what the word. I just started with ADIEU and SPORT, as usual, which gave me the first and last letters! It certainly is or was used in the military as Situation Normal All Fouled Up, although the F word might not have been "Fouled"...

The other militarism is Fubar, or Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition, which gets mentioned in Saving Private Ryan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Saw this post but didn’t open it, got it fourth go but yeah, an Americanism 

I'm sure I'll forgive you one day...... 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm sure I'll forgive you one day...... 

I think the title of the post made me think it would be something a bit different 

52 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Saw this post but didn’t open it, got it fourth go but yeah, an Americanism 

Are we still allowed to moan about Americans? 

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Are we still allowed to moan about Americans? 

Absolutely “winky face”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Absolutely “winky face”

I'm worried about Wagner. Will he be shot if he fails? Will he get sued by Stormy Daniels? All very concerning. 

On 09/04/2023 at 11:36, PurpleCanary said:

Thanks. I have done it now and pretended not to know what the word. I just started with ADIEU and SPORT, as usual, which gave me the first and last letters! It certainly is or was used in the military as Situation Normal All Fouled Up, although the F word might not have been "Fouled"...

The other militarism is Fubar, or Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition, which gets mentioned in Saving Private Ryan.

I’m not sure the F word in FUBAR is “fouled” Purple, but maybe you move in more refined circles than me.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

Yep! Took me 6. What I object to is using an acronym. Doesn't seem right somehow.

I'm surprised you get away with adieu but having read your post I've started using audio. Several 3's as a result thank you! 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm surprised you get away with adieu but having read your post I've started using audio. Several 3's as a result thank you! 

Glad to be of some help! ADIEU and SPORT work for English and French Wordles and give all the vowels (apart from Y which can be a vowel in French) and a reasonable set of consonants.

27 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Glad to be of some help! ADIEU and SPORT work for English and French Wordles and give all the vowels (apart from Y which can be a vowel in French) and a reasonable set of consonants.

I've always used slate, arise and arose. On one wonderful day my Amazon account expired so I used Prime and got it first time. Best day of my life. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Yes. Too many options. I chose the wrong one out of the two I had planned to use for the final one...

Same for me, I had five goes choosing the first letter, got them all wrong

Today's NYT a total sod! I had the vowels in the right places early on (or so I thought...) but just couldn't get the word. Not the easiest to imagine...

8 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Today's NYT a total sod! I had the vowels in the right places early on (or so I thought...) but just couldn't get the word. Not the easiest to imagine...

Being a Fall fan was a big help today 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I was a 6 too!

Very nervous of getting run out for 99 🥶

One day the answer will be 'fuzzy' and we'll all be ****ed

• Haha 1