Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Potter leaves Chelski

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't think Potter had much say in recruitment and never really had a chance to shape the team. Too much meddling from the Sporting Director.

I can't stand Chelsea or their fans, so he's better off away.

I hope he takes a break from footy for the rest of the season. Leicester would be a disaster at this point in time, a panic appointment much like Smith was.

Lets be honest Chelsea are just a much richer and more successful version of Millwall

Great to see them descending into an inconsistent mess. Their fans are vile and every one of them that sung Roman Ambramovich's name should be shipped out to the frontline in Ukraine. Just a shame Graham Potter has been tarred by association with them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Isn't that what Carlos Tevez did? Just saying, there are people like that out there, don't despair too much.

Good on him! Also like to hear stories about players giving back to their local communities. Watched something about both Firminho and Mane sending back thousands to their old home villages for schools or medical and sporting facilities.

All low key, no "look at me". Maybe there's more of it than we know about.

23 hours ago, JuanVelasco said:

Arteta says hi.

8th, 8th, 5th... now 1st.

The way Chelsea keep trying to spend their way to success in every window is really a bit silly. The difference when Abramovich would change manager regularly is that they had a core of experienced pros, dressing room leaders, Cech, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, then loyal servants who were loyal to those core, Ashley Cole, Obi Mikel. 

Constant chopping and changing isn't giving them time to develop any sort of healthy dressing room dynamic and they are buying really young players like Fernandez, Felix, Fofana.

They do actually need to pick a manager and then give that manager time, no idea if Potter would have been the right one to persevere with, but I can't see any manager going in there and achieving quick success.

This.

According to Kieran Maguire (Price of Football) Potter had a £10m per year 5 year contract. Presume Chelski have to pay that up? 
That is bonkers in any walk of life. 6 months into a 5 year contract . 

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lets be honest Chelsea are just a much richer and more successful version of Millwall

No. Some of their fans may share a similar attitude, but that is where it ends.