Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

PA announcements Sunderland

Now that I've calmed down about it, has anyone mentioned the American chap on the PA system on Sunday?  I know we should all be saying God Bless America at the moment but he nearly made my head explode. God Help Us is probably more appropriate. 

• Haha 1

Initially I thought it was the usual announcer putting on a silly accent to spite us, after we all said the last home game was great without his annoying voice

48 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Initially I thought it was the usual announcer putting on a silly accent to spite us, after we all said the last home game was great without his annoying voice

I thought the same, he did have a similar voice to the usual guy.

• Like 1

I quite enjoyed it personally, don't blame the club for trying something a bit different to whip up some atmosphere. Was never going to be to everyone's taste, but with the flags back and the drummer appearing home and away, plus the 'singing section' for the Carabao Cup match, I applaud the club for making the effort to mix it up a bit.

However, I still think the best 'experiment' of all was the one where the PA didn't work at all...

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

YEEEEE HAW Welcome to tonights super soccer match between the Norfolk Canaries and the Yorkshire Terriers sponsered by krispy kreme

Tbf I was born and raised and still live close their headquarters and they are damn delicious.

It was one of the few things that made me chuckle on an otherwise largely grim Sunday lunchtime…

• Like 1

Ahh why not?! Not really for me but he was enthusiastic and some of the kids in the lower barclay seemed to like it.