Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Football is broken isn't it?

Really not interested in NCFC this season. It wasn't just the quality of football under Dean Smith, I genuinely suffered from "Michael Bailey syndrome" as it sounds are many of you, what's the point? Why struggle to go up again just to get walloped every week?

I took up golf instead and now get 5-6 hours of solace every Saturday. When it's bad it's still really bad but at least I have no-one to blame but myself!

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Really not interested in NCFC this season. It wasn't just the quality of football under Dean Smith, I genuinely suffered from "Michael Bailey syndrome" as it sounds are many of you, what's the point? Why struggle to go up again just to get walloped every week?

I took up golf instead and now get 5-6 hours of solace every Saturday. When it's bad it's still really bad but at least I have no-one to blame but myself!

**** me, to prefer golf things must be really bad. I occasionally have to play it, but only when it means I miss work and always with a hip flask.

12 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think you're asking the wrong question, Nutty. The right question is why they think they know enough about the off-field workings of the club to have such strident views regarding off-pitch and non-coaching personnel decisions.

Oh do Farke off , you absolute  know all bore. Your ahyesbuttery  is tedious in the extreme.  Nuttyo can ask whatever question he likes....if you cant answer it, thats your problem, not his. 

21 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I think there are enough fans, it's just top heavy because of the continual dominance of Man Utd and Man City. If there was a salary cap that meant they couldn't continually hoard all the best players, nor could they just go a nick the best players from lower Premier League teams, they wouldn't have had the long term success that sucked fans from Bolton, Oldham, Stockport, Blackburn, Rochdale, etc, away. Those clubs have existed a long time in their current geography, most of them enjoyed success in the past. I also think a lot of current fans of the lesser clubs listed don't bother going anymore as what's the point? They'll never reach the big leagues, never have a chance at a major trophy, so why bother? But a salary cap that rotates the teams who dominate means Stockport fans could genuinely start to dream about one day becoming on of the top clubs.

I don't disagree with any of this but I think the top heavy part is just going to get worse and worse over time. 

54 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't disagree with any of this but I think the top heavy part is just going to get worse and worse over time. 

Me too. The Super League is the only solution for me. Get the top heavy part out of the game and isolate them in their own little corporate league and then start reforms with less push back from the influential big clubs. I genuinely think after an initial drop in TV audiences as people would flock back to the domestic league as each season a couple of different teams enter the title race. Man Utd fans would end up supporting Man Utd in the super league but then adopt a domestic team too. Same for the London clubs who **** off.

I was so excited when the idea got flouted and devastated when it was kyboshed. For me, it's the only way the sport will get better.

22 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think you may be getting confused between the executive group, which includes Webber, and the board of directors, which does not. Webber is answerable to the board of directors, and that is the body that decides whether or not he is doing a good job. Not the executive group.

Important distinction. 🙂 

27 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I was so excited when the idea got flouted and devastated when it was kyboshed. For me, it's the only way the sport will get better.

I think many at first were totally opposed to the idea of an ESL, but after the last two transfer windows, enough is enough - let them destroy themselves. The only thing to be wary of is prohibitive barriers being put up by the existing leagues - for instance will players who appear in the ESL be banned for life from playing in the existing leagues, or even the national teams?

• Like 1