Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Wigan tickets

18 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Good to see that good old fashioned pay on the day is available.

Imagine driving all the way up to Wigan, aiming to buy a ticket on the day only to be told they've just sold out!

21 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Good to see that good old fashioned pay on the day is available.

When the away fans stand holds 4,800 and only 1350 tickets have been sold an obvious no brainer but i am sure you will see it from the wrong end of that telescope of yours.

• Like 1

Wonder if they take cash on the gate too? 

I was at a dagenham v solihul moors last week, cash admission on the day, standing to watch, proper old school, but very enjoyable. 

23 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

When the away fans stand holds 4,800 and only 1350 tickets have been sold an obvious no brainer but i am sure you will see it from the wrong end of that telescope of yours.

Because Wigan haven't planned their capacity very well but then neither have Norwich.

Just now, essex canary said:

Because Wigan haven't planned their capacity very well but then neither have Norwich.

.........On a bike,

Seriously?

32 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Wonder if they take cash on the gate too? 

I was at a dagenham v solihul moors last week, cash admission on the day, standing to watch, proper old school, but very enjoyable. 

Good stuff. Last time I went was the 6-6 draw v Brentford.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

Good stuff. Last time I went was the 6-6 draw v Brentford.

They have won everytime ive been, my return is encouraged! 

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Our flexible away capacity works very well, allowing sale to home fans. Wigan have a far bigger ground than they need, so will nearly always take cash. Your comparison is rather crap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Our flexible away capacity works very well, allowing sale to home fans. Wigan have a far bigger ground than they need, so will nearly always take cash. Your comparison is rather crap. 

Just a belief that any system that allows football fans to make judgements about whether to travel long distances safely on the day of the game taking into account weather conditions etc. is a good one. 

Having stadiums with 5 to 10 per cent spare capacity for most games albeit there would be some popular matches at full capacity would therefore be valuable in achieving it. 

Arguing that it doesn't make good business sense could possibly be offset by the concept of goodwill. Albeit a word not used much these days.

Goodwill hasn't always been prevalent in Norwich's recent approach to away support eg. Chelsea last season.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Just a belief that any system that allows football fans to make judgements about whether to travel long distances safely on the day of the game taking into account weather conditions etc. is a good one. 

Having stadiums with 5 to 10 per cent spare capacity for most games albeit there would be some popular matches at full capacity would therefore be valuable in achieving it. 

Arguing that it doesn't make good business sense could possibly be offset by the concept of goodwill. Albeit a word not used much these days.

Goodwill hasn't always been prevalent in Norwich's recent approach to away support eg. Chelsea last season.

I nominate Essex as the club  drummer, cause he's certainly continually banging the same one here!

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Chelsea you say, i am sure you have never mentioned that before ? Well maybe just the once , twice or twenty times.