TeemuVanBasten

Tzolis returning to Norwich

Why though when you look at the highlights of the season which clearly impressed us enough to make a move, 2021/22, does he just look like a striker?

If you knew nothing about this player and just watched this video, you'd assume you were watching the highlight reel of a centre forward?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why though when you look at the highlights of the season which clearly impressed us enough to make a move, 2021/22, does he just look like a striker?

If you knew nothing about this player and just watched this video, you'd assume you were watching the highlight reel of a centre forward?

He does actually from that.  Both in terms of finishing and little through balls.  Certainly not the chalk on yer boots winger.

Might explain why he looks so confused out wide ...  Maybe him behind Sarge if Pukki goes.  And he begins to look like a footballer again.  And we play with a #10 who isn't required to do much defensively ...

I still have a lot of belief in him, he gives the appearance of looking disinterested but will fire into gear when opportunity comes.  It's a part of his game if you've watched him play in Europe.

Zaroury played a blinder pretending he was not interested by doing his laces up when Krul had the ball at his feet, and it left egg on his face.

CT has only been back 5 minutes, so being city fans i'm sure those who can't wait to knock him on the back of a cameo today will all be happy eating words in a months time. 

Showed a few excellent touches today, brought ball down to a perfect stop up the other end, but cocked his pass afterwards, sadly.

I think it's harsh to judge him based off of 20 minutes after Burnley had killed them game off. I think there's a player there, he looks like a pretty classic inside forward to me. It's probably the case that he has struggled to adapt, going from the Greek league into the PL is hard enough, doing that at 19 for the worst team in the league makes it even harder. 

That being said, he's barely played any league football since he joined us. As Webber said re Idah's renewal, we need to invest in our young player's development, that means giving them lots of opportunities to succeed. Sending him away to Holland and crossing our fingers he'd come back much improves is the complete opposite of that.  Hopefully now we have a coach who is invested in that process as I don't think the last one was.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So, I made some amazing saves when I played. If I had been a professional people would have said they were "world class" saves. I was never consistently good enough to be a professional.

Let's not put too much pressure on the lad from a couple of youtube clips. He's got a lot to prove.

Agreed with repman. He's just come back from an injury and hasn't played in god knows how long.

Add to that, we're playing against what looked like the fittest team in the league.

Hopefully, he'll build up both fitness and confidence against the lesser sides that we've got coming up.