Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Happy Halloween!

24 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I do not get Halloween.

You mean, encouraging unaccompanied children to roam the streets at night, knocking on the doors of strangers, in order to obtain sweets?

Nope. Nothing wrong there.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

You mean, encouraging unaccompanied children to roam the streets at night, knocking on the doors of strangers, in order to obtain sweets?

Nope. Nothing wrong there.

And ghosts and zombies outfits, the things likely to give children nightmares are sold in sizes for 5 year olds.

Nothing but legalised loopholed begging. Banned in this family it was during my childhood and the parents don’t answer the door to them.

Neither do I, although one year the better half did one year while I was up in Edinburgh for a wedding.

Talking to a chap this morning who took his kids "begging", he said they knocked on a door and a bloke came to the door with an axe in his head.

For adults to be dressing up makes it so bizarre.

26 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Talking to a chap this morning who took his kids "begging", he said they knocked on a door and a bloke came to the door with an axe in his head.

For adults to be dressing up makes it so bizarre.

Pretty sure thesedays it's just an excuse for teenagers to get drunk before they legaly can and act like idiots.. Not that they need much of an excuse it seems

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've never bothered with Halloween. It's also Dad's birthday. He isn't a fan so growing up we  tended to do something he wanted which generally just meant beer (him) and cake (the rest of us). It's stayed that way. 

Bonfire night was always the bigger deal growing up but it's seems every week someone finds an excuse for fireworks these days!