Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Last minute transfers

Just now, glory.win or die. said:

Just saw Danny Rose has been released by Watford.

Recall he was poor v us last season but could be an option  for a short term deal,maybe.

I remember he committed loads for fouls and seemed to get away with most of them!

18 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

What an utterly pointless exercise, if true - Farke must be fully aware such a bid would be a complete non starter. Odd doesn’t come close.

Gladbach appear to fish within the same 4-10m pool as we have in the past few seasons.  So it does seem odd that they're even beginning this process.

Perhaps this is more an indication of Farke's personal knowledge, Despite being the consummate professional for us on the field, Max could be absolutely gagging to get a move away behind closed doors and so BG are giving it a go.   Who really knows though.

What's interesting is knowing that their scouts came to watch Rashica during one of the live TV games.  Presuming we are looking for the money back on Milot, there's probably a hope they could tempt Max at 10-15m in some kind of instalment package?  At 22 he's such a great investment for a team who can display his skills - I'm not sure we are able to at the highest level, being bottom feeders.

Before a ball was kicked I was thinking it'd be ok to lose him and take the money providing it was 15m+.  But now he feels critical to us.  90% sure he stays, but there's a lot of talk growing these past 24 hours - My verdict:  it's an over-eager agent at work. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Gladbach appear to fish within the same 4-10m pool as we have in the past few seasons.  So it does seem odd that they're even beginning this process.

Perhaps this is more an indication of Farke's personal knowledge, Despite being the consummate professional for us on the field, Max could be absolutely gagging to get a move away behind closed doors and so BG are giving it a go.   Who really knows though.

What's interesting is knowing that their scouts came to watch Rashica during one of the live TV games.  Presuming we are looking for the money back on Milot, there's probably a hope they could tempt Max at 10-15m in some kind of instalment package?  At 22 he's such a great investment for a team who can display his skills - I'm not sure we are able to at the highest level, being bottom feeders.

Before a ball was kicked I was thinking it'd be ok to lose him and take the money providing it was 15m+.  But now he feels critical to us.  90% sure he stays, but there's a lot of talk growing these past 24 hours - My verdict:  it's an over-eager agent at work. 🙂

Think based on previous sales it has to be £20m+ before I'd even consider it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

Think based on previous sales it has to be £20m+ before I'd even consider it 

Depends if we need to sell to balance the books, and what knowledge of that exists with someone like Farke.

I have no clue if we're comfortable right now, or have spent beyond the budget and looking to recoup in this window or next.

34 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Depends if we need to sell to balance the books, and what knowledge of that exists with someone like Farke.

I have no clue if we're comfortable right now, or have spent beyond the budget and looking to recoup in this window or next.

I think I'm right in saying there was talk that our financial position is pretty healthy all things considered, which may be helped by the American investment that is being talked about too. 

I don't get the impression we're under pressure to bring in funds.

48 minutes ago, king canary said:

I don't get the impression we're under pressure to bring in funds.

Michael Bailey clearly feels it's the opposite and has said so numerous times.

But then I do wonder whether his position at The Athletic, the club have been able to use him as a bit of a mouthpiece to aid our strategy? 

Mick Dennis pulled the cover on the private contact between Paddy and Webber with the recent spat, So I really don't doubt that there's a lot said off the record that isn't as 'friendly', or rather true, as our local journos believe. 

27 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Michael Bailey clearly feels it's the opposite and has said so numerous times.

But then I do wonder whether his position at The Athletic, the club have been able to use him as a bit of a mouthpiece to aid our strategy? 

Mick Dennis pulled the cover on the private contact between Paddy and Webber with the recent spat, So I really don't doubt that there's a lot said off the record that isn't as 'friendly', or rather true, as our local journos believe. 

We all agreed Dennis was talking absolute cobblers on that thread, was called out by Paddy, and he issued an apology. I wouldn’t draw any conclusions. 

• Thanks 1