Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Have we really messed up?

22 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

This thread has gotten a bit ruff. If he goes on to be the highest performing forward in the past 30 years in the Eredivisie I'll send you a couple of Bonios. 

I just have a sneaking suspicion that expecting that from a teenager on loan from Norwich probably isn't going to work out. Unless he is the new Luis Suarez and everybody in the world missed it, except you.

Tzolis is actually from my village and i have been following him more than you thats for sure. In Greece everyone knows he's a super talented kid with an impressive flair for the goal. 

I understand you don't follow lower level leagues and i respect that.. I'm not saying he's Ronaldo or Suarez or Messi or Pele or Maradona. He's a goal scorer, that's all im saying. 

46 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

too bad we don't bet for money 🙂

😂. I wonder what odds we’d get. I reckon you could go to the bookies and ask for this bet, they’d soon let you know - could be very profitable for you 

Edited by SwearyCanary

On 01/09/2022 at 16:25, SwearyCanary said:

😂. I wonder what odds we’d get. I reckon you could go to the bookies and ask for this bet, they’d soon let you know - could be very profitable for you 

nvm, i saw twente's match today and the guy is walking on the pitch. He's 20 years old and he's running like he was 40. 

His shot is great and crosses are great too but againts psv he looked like he dint belong there. 

Nothing to do with confidence he simply can't run, athletically he has regressed alot. 

1 hour ago, Rivvo said:

Maybe the Greek league isn’t up to the standard of the Dutch?

No thats bs, ajax and psv have struggled againts olympiakos and paok and Tzolis was very impressive againts those teams when he was playing for paok. 

1 hour ago, Tzol Machine said:

nvm, i saw twente's match today and the guy is walking on the pitch. He's 20 years old and he's running like he was 40. 

Perhaps he doesn't work hard enough on his fitness then, have to say he always looked a bit too 'chunky' when we saw him in a yellow shirt, has he been eating too many Gyros? 

That is a very good way of finding yourself out of a Daniel Farke team. Farke famously ran double training sessions here, some players couldn't back it, including Nelson Oliviera who headed off to an easier league in a sulk (Greece, of course).

I struggle to see how we are to blame for him either not keeping in shape or not putting effort in on the pitch. Sometimes players have all the talent but don't want it enough, that's life.

Sounds like he needs to buck his ideas up and live like an athlete if he is to come back and cope with the intensity of English football. Ball is in his court. No room for the unfit, fat or lazy in a Norwich City side, as simple as. Sink or swim.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tzol Machine said:

No thats bs, ajax and psv have struggled againts olympiakos and paok and Tzolis was very impressive againts those teams when he was playing for paok. 

You do realise that UEFA has a coefficient system which measures the strength of different leagues based on an algorithm which gives a lot of weight to performance in European competition don't you?

And that it ranks Dutch football as the 7th strongest and Greek football as the 15th strongest? 

It was closer in 2009/2010 when Greece had a ranking of 12th and Netherlands a ranking of 10th.

Like, there is literally a system to measure this, your hunches or anecdotal evidence means very little.

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/#/yr/2022

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You do realise that UEFA has a coefficient system which measures the strength of different leagues based on an algorithm which gives a lot of weight to performance in European competition don't you?

And that it ranks Dutch football as the 7th strongest and Greek football as the 15th strongest? 

It was closer in 2009/2010 when Greece had a ranking of 12th and Netherlands a ranking of 10th.

Like, there is literally a system to measure this, your hunches or anecdotal evidence means very little.

Don’t bother arguing with his Mum chap!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bro lets not go there. Marinakis is to blame as to why the greek league sank in the rankings. There was also an economy crisis that hit greece after 2010 and the teams obviously could not spend as much as they used to. 

The only team that historically took the European games seriously was Panathinaikos. Olympiakos never really cared so their record is atrocious. Olympiakos with Marinakis in 2010 wedged a war againts Panathinaikos, both on the pitch and off the pitch and the Panathinaikos original strong owners decided to pull out from the club... so the last 12 years, our club could not compete and bring points back to greece. However historically Greece with Panathinaikos was always a strong side in the european competitions, we have 1 finals appearance in 71 and 2 semi finals. 96 and 2002 i think. There was a time where Greece had 3 teams in the champions league group stage, in the early 2000s

I know all this is irrelevant with today but because you mentioned 2010 i felt obliged to tell you about it. 

3 hours ago, Tzol Machine said:

His shot is great and crosses are great too but againts psv he looked like he dint belong there. 

Nothing to do with confidence he simply can't run, athletically he has regressed alot. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 35 goals ..... 15 assists...... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

37 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 35 goals ..... 15 assists...... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well he will still score goals againts the weaker teams but yeah he regressed alot

11 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well yeah, you're his mum aren't you, so obviously.

And his sister? 😇 Must be quite dull in winter in Rural Greece.

On 01/09/2022 at 20:38, Tzol Machine said:

Tzolis is actually from my village and i have been following him more than you thats for sure. In Greece everyone knows he's a super talented kid with an impressive flair for the goal. 

I understand you don't follow lower level leagues and i respect that.. I'm not saying he's Ronaldo or Suarez or Messi or Pele or Maradona. He's a goal scorer, that's all im saying. 

Isn't Tzolis from a City rather than a village?