Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Smith was confident the day after the hernia op he would be back for the Scottish trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be around for Celtic. Another one who needs a chance to show what he can do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, AJ said:

Should be around for Celtic. Another one who needs a chance to show what he can do

Two games in two days. I'd expect to see two 11's, he may well be in the 2nd fixture rather than the first. 

Smith has said he'll be using the games to get as many minutes into legs across the squad as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chicken said:

Two games in two days. I'd expect to see two 11's, he may well be in the 2nd fixture rather than the first. 

Smith has said he'll be using the games to get as many minutes into legs across the squad as possible.

I suspect you're right Chicken. I like Dowell, I think he shew enough in our last promotion season towards the end that he can be very effective at this level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, AJ said:

I suspect you're right Chicken. I like Dowell, I think he shew enough in our last promotion season towards the end that he can be very effective at this level

Indeed he did! The free kick he scored getting the ball over the wall from the edge of the area with incredible velocity and dip was quite remarkable and probably the best I've ever seen (technically) (was it against Derby?). He doesn't seem to have the speed or athleticism to play out wide, but as a number 10 his exceptional deftness with first touch flicks could prove essential to unleashing Pukki on another march to the golden boot.

I think this is the one I was thinking of: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/12270311/derby-county-0-1-norwich-city-kieran-dowell-free-kick-takes-canaries-to-cusp-of-promotion

Edited by horsefly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...