Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Bernie Ecclestone

Bet you thought he'd died didn't you?

Nope! Just been announced by the CPS he is to be charged with fraud after an HMRC investigation into £400m of undeclared overseas assets. If found guilty I hope the judge nods towards his F1 history and says, "Go straight to jail, do not pass Go" (preferably imitating Murray Walker).

Edited by horsefly

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Nope! Just been announced by the CPS he is to be charged with fraud after an HMRC investigation into £400m of undeclared overseas assets. If found guilty I hope the judge nods towards his F1 history and says, "Go straight to jail, do not pass Go".

Isn't that Monopoly?

For those who didn't know our Bernie is a local lad having been born in South Elmham just outside Bungay. A relation of his, Donnie Ecclestone, owned a garage in Bungay for many years.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Nope! Just been announced by the CPS he is to be charged with fraud after an HMRC investigation into £400m of undeclared overseas assets. If found guilty I hope the judge nods towards his F1 history and says, "Go straight to jail, do not pass Go" (preferably imitating Murray Walker).

I did actually, and as soon as I saw the thread title I was poised to respond to that effect until..............😄

Still, good to know HMRC have finally caught up with him but they don't half move slowly when real money is involved!!

It was donkey's years ago surely, when this dodgy £400m was first reported upon?

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I did actually, and as soon as I saw the thread title I was poised to respond to that effect until..............😄

Still, good to know HMRC have finally caught up with him but they don't half move slowly when real money is involved!!

It was donkey's years ago surely, when this dodgy £400m was first reported upon?

They moved quick enough for the few quid my dad owed. 😐

So as soon as he says something nice about Putin the govt go after him for something completely unrelated they've probably turned a blind eye to for years...

On 11/07/2022 at 17:12, Barry Brockes said:

For those who didn't know our Bernie is a local lad having been born in South Elmham just outside Bungay. A relation of his, Donnie Ecclestone, owned a garage in Bungay for many years.

I guess this is just a cross we all have to bear. 😐