Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

Academy prospects

On 31/05/2022 at 12:23, TheGunnShow said:

Or Daniel Adshead, for similar reasons. Shame he got that bad injury on loan with Gillingham.

Hasn't he been sold? 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Here you go buh, if you're dining out on your end of May prediction, this dude must be banqueting...

Lets just remember that Soto has 2 goals in 2 games for the USA senior team and couldn't succeed in the Scottish Championships before you start getting too excited. Due to their proximity to sh*t tonnes of tiny Carribean nation states they essentially get to play San Marino or Andorra a dozen times a year. 

9 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Hasn't he been sold? 

That post was from late May to be fair, think he left after that.

Adshead has the Billy Gilmour problem... can ping a ball around, but can be blown over in a strong gale. Bet they'll end up at a similar level, lower Championship squad players. 

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Maybe you missed it whilst I was blocked?

You weren't blocked, you were ignored, and still are, I responded to one of your posts yesterday as somebody had quoted it, and this one because I could see it on the main page. That means I can pick and choose when to see your posts, you are alright in small doses but means I can avoid getting dragged into your annoying 6 page long p*ssing contests which will annoy the rest of the forum.

As I said, nothing personal, and largely respect your footballing opinions. its just that I'm here to keep up with Norwich City related news, not to trade insults like "somebody needs to check your hard drives" as you said to me once. or your frequent claims that I pretend to have children because I'm an incel, and various other keyboard warrior tropes that you'd never say to anybody in a pub.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Hasn't he been sold? 

He was sold in mid-June or thereabouts, so yes. I made that comment on May 31st though. Proves I can't always call 'em when it comes to youth development. 🙂

Edited by TheGunnShow

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

or your frequent claims that I pretend to have children because I'm an incel, and various other keyboard warrior tropes that you'd never say to anybody in a pub.

You'd be surprised, I've said far worse in the past. I had mellowed, but as age catches up with me and pub trips with the boys become rarer events, there is now an effort to make each one a significant event which inevitably involves Jagerbombs and/or tequila and someone, more often than not me, doing something stupid as we try and make it an occasion that will still be talked about in years to come. Last year's resulted in a trespassing incident at a location we're all familiar with on here which was unfortunately filmed and spread a little further than the trespasser would have liked.

Our next one is straight after the Wigan game if you want to witness it first hand.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I had mellowed, but as age catches up with me and pub trips with the boys become rarer events, there is now an effort to make each one a significant event which inevitably involves Jagerbombs and/or tequila and someone, more often than not me, doing something stupid as we try and make it an occasion that will still be talked about in years to come.

Surprisingly similar to me and my mates actually. Very infrequent nights out due to family commitments, but when we do manage to find a reason to justify them they become proper benders as a result.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

This bit of the convo's amusing as those who know me best would say I've never mellowed in terms of saying brutally honest things. However, I'm pretty much teetotal (I'll have a German pilsner now and again, but you can probably count them on the fingers of Def Leppard's drummer over a year) and am quite puritanical about bad habits.

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

He was sold in mid-June or thereabouts, so yes. I made that comment on May 31st though. Proves I can't always call 'em when it comes to youth development. 🙂

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That post was from late May to be fair, think he left after that.

Adshead has the Billy Gilmour problem... can ping a ball around, but can be blown over in a strong gale. Bet they'll end up at a similar level, lower Championship squad players. 

Doh, my bad. 

I genuinely didn't even take in the date of the post 🥴🥴

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Doh, my bad. 

I genuinely didn't even take in the date of the post 🥴🥴

Heh, TVB's archaeology resulted in a seven-week gap between his revisit of this thread and when the thread started. Nice of him to actually call it up rather than start a new one, so fair play on that!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lets just remember that Soto has 2 goals in 2 games for the USA senior team and couldn't succeed in the Scottish Championships before you start getting too excited. Due to their proximity to sh*t tonnes of tiny Carribean nation states they essentially get to play San Marino or Andorra a dozen times a year. 

You do know where San Marino and Andorra are don't you? A long,long way from Uncle Sam.

4 minutes ago, LaUnionCanary said:

You do know where San Marino and Andorra are don't you? A long,long way from Uncle Sam.

Oh dear, I know many Americans struggle with understanding irony, didn't realise you struggled with the concept of equivalence too.

equivalence
/ɪˈkwɪv(ə)l(ə)ns/

noun

1. the condition of being equal or equivalent in value, worth, function, etc.
    "knowledge of equivalence of units is required"
Edited by TeemuVanBasten